A Night of Partying...

Options
UGH!!!

what beer does to your damn diet!! i went out last night with some friends and drank 5 budlights. thats over 500 calories. i made sure i save my calories from the day because i knew i was going out. i live in texas, and mexican food is the best here. i ate stuffed avocados with chicken and cheese in the middle. its great. i knew avocados were high in fat but damn, i didnt know 2 of them had 59 grams of fat. AND I ATE THAT LAST NIGHT!!! but, you know.. i dont feel guilty. yea, i went over almost 250 in calories and 15 in fat grams, but i had fun last night! and i know i bust my *kitten* in the gym so i will recover today and go on like i have everyday. sorry, i just wanted to vent and say damn avocados... i love them and will look at them in a different way everytime i see guacomole!!!! :)

Replies

• helton1515
    Options
    UGH!!!

what beer does to your damn diet!! i went out last night with some friends and drank 5 budlights. thats over 500 calories. i made sure i save my calories from the day because i knew i was going out. i live in texas, and mexican food is the best here. i ate stuffed avocados with chicken and cheese in the middle. its great. i knew avocados were high in fat but damn, i didnt know 2 of them had 59 grams of fat. AND I ATE THAT LAST NIGHT!!! but, you know.. i dont feel guilty. yea, i went over almost 250 in calories and 15 in fat grams, but i had fun last night! and i know i bust my *kitten* in the gym so i will recover today and go on like i have everyday. sorry, i just wanted to vent and say damn avocados... i love them and will look at them in a different way everytime i see guacomole!!!! :)
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I had a crummy night too, but not as much fun as yours! We will do fine, back in the saddle today!!!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There's a good side and a bad side to your story. lol Sorry you went over your calorie intake and drank all that beer and now you are going to have to exercise like crazy today to make up for it. That's the bad side. Now the good side - you had a great time and improved your mental health, absorbed Vitamin B from the beer and avocados are actually full of monounsaturated fat which is the good kind and lowers your cholesterol levels. So avocados are good!.... in small amounts lol - in fact I was thinking I should probably use them more on my salads in place of dressing and then use lime squeezes instead as a extra flavor.
    Thanks for sharing your story. You see how I cheer myself up... put the good side last and then things look brighter. hee hee
  • helton1515
    Options
    i never looked at it like that. umm, beer is good for you??? i was very proud of myself because i could have drank strawberry margaritas (which I LOVE) last night, but i just couldnt! they are loaded with sugars.. gosh, im obsessed with this damn website. so, now when i go out and have a beer..i will say, "oh that has vitamin b and i need my vitamins" so i wont feel bad! he he he... thanks for the post. you made me laugh and i needed it :)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    There are good fats and there are bad fats like redalee explained the avocados. They tell us to eat avocados for our fat…so you ate good fat.
    It isn’t the occasional night out that put the weight on us….it's the every day over indulgences that did it.
    Like redalee said “you had a great time and improved your mental health”….we ALL need to do that from time to time.
    I always say we do not live by lettuce, lean protein and water alone. We sometimes need to relax and just enjoy a few other things as well….just not everyday or too often.
    So don’t kick yourself over it and just go back to your regular plan and you will be fine.
    Have A Great Day!
    Loretta
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    The important thing here is that you had a good time;)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Heh! that's my night tomorrow. Except add on an extra 3 or 4 beers. The beers will be Michelob Ultras though, little less calories, Hey, the Red Sox are in the Dance! how can I not!
  • helton1515
    Options
    enjoy those beers.. just remember they are filled with vitamin b!! he he.

and yay red sox.. it was a close game last night compared to the 13 to 1 game the previous night. enjoy your night out tomorrow. have fun :)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I love my Sox! Beckett is a MAN among boys right now. I cried in 86, cursed the Yanks in 03, and rubbed it in the face of every NY friend I know in 04 (hey, they had been doing it to me for decades!) In 07 I'll be doing the Riverdance just like Pappelbon! :)

Just remember what Ben Franklin said

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!"

:) Happy Halloween all!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Roflmao!! Good ole’ Uncle Benjamin…..he was a smart ole’ dude wasn’t he.

And Happy Halloween to you too!