Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead??

Options
garnetsms
garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
Has anyone seen this documetary and/or started the plan? My uncle, aunt, and my mother were telling me about it over the weekend and I was just curious as to if any of you have tried it, recommend it, or not? What are your thoughts?

*I have not watched the documentary yet. I will update the post after I've see it.

Replies

• hollyberry2012
    Options
    post where to view it please )
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have. It was a good documentary... but I have not started juicing and really have no desire to do so. It does serve, however, as a good motivational video to take charge of your health!

It's available on Netflix.
  • inabag8
    inabag8 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is on Netflix streaming.

It is a great documentary. I have juiced for 10 days and for 15 days, and both times it has really benefited my overall health. I highly recommend watching it and doing a juice fast as well.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Also available on amazon prime
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL doc, loved it! my BF was juicing for a while after seeing it, and felt amazing! i joined in some, not a shardcore as him, and i felt great, and my skin looked wonderful just doing it once a day regularly.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I LOVED IT!

I watched it on the PSN, spent about $3.

It really opens your eyes to juicing more. As soon as the movie stopped, I dusted off my juicer and made the Mean Green Detox juice :happy:
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    watch it when you can! :)I did about 2 weeks ago... it was really well done, humorous at times, and very insightful :) I am not doing the full juice fast, rather difficult with work...but what I am doing is doing 2-3 juicings a day, and then having some nuts, seeds, salads for lunch...fresh fruits and veggies when otherwise hungry... ( and for the fiber) very minimal dairy/meat most of the time....

I find I am actually way less hungry then before... i think the lack of the starchy carbs such as breads/rice etc are actually helping my energy... working out is a little bit different... when I did both cardio and weights same day I ran out of steam, but I should have had half a banana or something before workout and I think it would have helped.. ;)

For breakfast and an afternoon snack, I am making juice at home the night before, and putting them in glass snapple bottles. They do say the juices lose some of the nutrients within about half an hour of making them, so it's not ideal, but the best I can do with work. I have read on some juicing sites to fill the bottle to overflowing, having added a little lemon juice, it does something to the acids, fresh lemon juice...and then it helps preserve things a bit. :)

My morning juice today was apple, pear, strawberry, pinnapple carrot celery cucumber and beet. :)

My one later is more veggie based... celery, cucumber, carrot, beet, apple, cilantro and tomato
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    My sister loved it. She lost 7 lbs in a week. I totaled the calories of the recipe and it came to 1100 before juicing, which removes most/all of the fiber. There is hardly any protein, and the calorie count would be really low which would pull it from the muscles. I am leary of doing anything that seems so unbalanced. My sister added protein after a week and is going to incorporate the juice into her regular diet, like one glass a day.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Thank you for your input, I'm sure there will be many more.

My aunt was also telling me that they did not want to throw away everything after juicing so they used the "leftovers" from the fruit in a cake, and the "leftovers" from a veggie mixure (which included broccoli) and made a soup out of it.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking, vvanm. How good can it be to removed protein from your diet? That's when my aunt told me she and mom are not doing the total fast. They do it twice a day, and eat one sensible meal. That makes more sense to me than totally fruits and veggies. She also stated they snack on nuts a lot too.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    My aunt and my mother have only been doing this for a week. Their energy levels have sky rocket (according to them).
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but thanks for posting so I can check it out. I don't have Netflix or Amazon, but I'll see if a hard copy is available.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Never heard of it, but thanks for posting so I can check it out. I don't have Netflix or Amazon, but I'll see if a hard copy is available.

Welcome! I'm not sure if there is any other way to view it. Maybe try youtube??
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I loved that documentary. I don't know if I'd necessarily recommend doing the same diet, but it was a great film to watch. Really motivational!
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Anyone else have some input?
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input, I'm sure there will be many more.

My aunt was also telling me that they did not want to throw away everything after juicing so they used the "leftovers" from the fruit in a cake, and the "leftovers" from a veggie mixure (which included broccoli) and made a soup out of it.

I watched this documentary and loved it. I started juicing immediately and the first thing I noticed was my energy level was up, and then the second thing I noticed was that after just a few days I stopped thinking about other food. When I'm on a diet, I always find myself feeling deprived and thinking about the next time I can eat, and wishing for things I'm "not supposed" to eat, etc. But when I'm juice fasting I just forget about food. It's such a liberating feeling!

It also takes a strain off your body when you're not trying to digest solid food. Kinda gives your body a "rest".

And about the waste issue, I have used leftover veggie pulp to make soup also, and apple pulp to make applesauce, etc, and whenever I had leftovers that I didn't think I could use, I tossed it in the composter and MAN do I have some gorgeous compost to start my garden with this spring!
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Wow! I didn't think of the compose...very cool!! I'll have to run that by my mom.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    We watch over once in a while, it's inspiring for us.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    I finally sat down and watched this documentary. I must say that the individuals are very inspiring. I haven't quite wrapped my mind around juicing just yet, but I'm considering it. I'm thinking this would be really handy (done ahead of time) for high school football season when people are eating hot dogs, hamburgers and nachos all around me...

On a funny note, my son asked my mom this weekend "Did you know there is another meaning to the term juicing?" She told him "Yes, someone else had called it to my attention that this is also the term for using steroids" So now when she talks about juicing, she adds "my fruits and veggies" LOL
  • CrisHidalgoTX
    CrisHidalgoTX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watched it ("bought" it on Amazon for $5) and I was totally shocked. I did buy a juicer, but only occasionally make juices. I did feel a lot better when I substituted my dinner with a juice thought. Hmmm, maybe I should go back to it ~ lol!