Pounds vs. NSV's...

Options
When I weigh if I'm not losing like I think I should be I get frustrated and defeated and start back in on old habits. So instead I'm noticing changes in my body and clothing to track my progress. So...I'm not going to weigh for a while, continue eating healthy and exercise and see what happens. Since I decided that I'm not going to weigh for a while though I thought I'd instead post some NSV's.

1. Back boobs gone.
2. I have just one chin again!
3. My face doesn't break out like a teenager anymore.
4. My spare tire would only fit on 14's and not 20's...can't wait until it's a flat tire! LOL!
5. My butt is now closer to the bottom of my back again than it is to the bend of my knees. (I take the stairs every chance I get at work now.)
6. My rings now fit on my fingers again.
7. My pants are all baggy and I've had to completely retire some because the crotch was hanging down to mid-thigh and my underwear shows if I don't have on a long enough shirt.
8. I'm not swelling every day.
9. I am down to 2 D's instead of 3 D's.
10. I got a compliment from someone I'd least have expected it from.
11. I sleep a lot better.
12. I have more energy.

These are just the ones that really stand out to me and keep me motivated. Whether I'm losing on the scale or not doesn't matter to me as long as all of the above is going on.

I hope everyone has a fantabulous week!

Replies

• kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. This was very helpful. Congratulations on all of your success.
  • cortneymau
    Options
    Those are awesome NSV's! I do the same, actually. I only weigh in and get measurements once a month. The scale kept getting me down so I stopped doing that. And I haven't let up on my exercising or eating so I don't need to worry about the scale holding me accountable, because I already do so. I think the NSV's of eating right and exercising are way more satisfying than the lower number on the scale. :)

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!