im cheryl

hi im cheryl, ive been having a really hard time getting motivated to walk to exercise to do anything im 5,3 and weigh 200 + lbs im widowed and work for a school district where i do have to walk to the buses which is a way togo .BUTi have arthritis in both knees so its like trying to get through t he pain to walk or exerise at all simply not getting motivated im 63 years old have 9 grandchildren and one on the way . i have three daughters a step daughter and a step son..my one daughter wants me to bypass surgery and i dont think that is a good idea. guess i need some advice on what to tackle first

Replies

• grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Hi Cheryl,
    You have made a good start by signing up here. I have arthritis & other problems so I know how bad the pain can be.
    I would suggest you make sure your pain meds are the best they can be for you so your inflamation is controlled first. Thay way you get enough sleep & the pain in your knees won't be as off putting. Try to stick with walking when you can, its gentle excecise, but have you thought of doing some swimming. Many pools have an arthritis club that meets once a week. Even a couple of lengths will build muscle and strengthen the support round your joints.
    Follow a healthy diet, use the calorie allowance they suggest on here, eat a good mixture of foods fresh if you can & see what benefits your body gets from getting healthier, slimmer & fitter
    You CAN DO IT, I believe you can. Loads of people on here have done it check out some of their stories.
    Good luch & add me as a friend if you want
  • Tphaeulz
    Tphaeulz Posts: 5
    Hi. Welcome.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Hi, Cheryl! Welcome!

You have some challenges that many of us don't, so kudos to you for trying!

Weight loss is primarily down to diet, so you can still lose weight that way. And, talk to your doctor about forms of exercise that may be more suitable for you. Are you fond of swimming? That may be an option.

xoxo