HELP!!! ----ABS ---- what works best?

Options
Since November 14th, 2011, I have lost 19 pounds and dropped three pant/dress sizes, however, I am working out but I can not seem to see any changes in this stomach of mine. I am looking for methods that work that doesn't kill your back. Please help....any suggestions are wonderful. Thanks :)

I posted this on 3/14/12 and no one responded, hoping I get some information this time.

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen! You need to be eating right and do a lot of core work, that will get your abs in gear!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    losing weight

/thread
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. Where you gain and lose fat from, and the order it happens, is genetic. Just lose all over body fat. There is no exercise that will work.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Abs happen off the floor. Try Jillian Michaels 6week 6pack. I'm doing it and you can feel a difference in your core. Core strenghting helps reduce the apperence of belly fat, and once your body fat gets down to 18-20% you will be able to see the abs usually. Plus eating clean and lower sugar intake.
  • Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LittleD311 is right!! Nutrition is key. Also P90X Abs is pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1Ol3RpOEc- I couldn't find the actual video but this is someone doing all of the exercises. I'm on day 40 (of 90) of P90X and have been doing their ab workout 3 times a week, although I don't really see much definition I can tell my stomach seems to be tightening/shrinking in general, if that makes any sense. That in combination with other types of strength training, cardio, and eating really well is starting to make a difference. Good luck!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Although you can't spot reduce your midsection it still pays to have a strong core.
    I love doing planks, they won't hurt your back like situps can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiA9j-dR0oM
  • amandaevans83
    amandaevans83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your respones so far :)