Was a raw foodist...

Options
Hi!

Let me introduce myself I'm a 22 y/o female waiting for my abs to surface. 3 years ago I was a couch potato with a muffin top, using baggy clothes to hide my insecurities. I didn't know how to eat properly (breakfast food and processed snacks mostly) and I didn't understand working out. I was in lacrosse in high school, yet I always felt out of shape. I jumped into the p90x program & 86 days later of pure discipline I was getting into great shape! I had muscles and strength, yet still a layer of marshmallow fluff on top. So a few months after p90x and still hitting the gym I started the alkaline raw food diet. I went 100%. After 30 days I decided that I liked it so much I was going to stick with it. I cycled from raw and high raw and after months my body was tranforming. (145-125lbs 5'8")

I was raw for 2.5 years. I'm not vegan or vegetarian, I had some raw (and some cooked) animal products over the last couple years. But this diet was mostly to help me manage my Ulcerative Colitis. AND IT DID! I've been on no meds for 5 years, I've been very in touch with my body and the minute I notice flare symptoms I juice like crazy. Raw will always be my base diet. But that's not why I'm here.

I'm here because the raw food diet was a wonderful kick start to my health journey. It brought me to my goal weight, melted my muffin top (healthy diet & exercise 5-6x week) and I'm so very happy with the strong, fit body I have now thanks to raw food and daily exercise BUT...

Now I'm on a mission for abs.

My friend started body building and inspired me. I want to see my abs! I never thought I'd have a tight tummy, well I do now. And now I want what I've dreamed of. Definition. So I tweaked the diet to low carb. I eat tons of veggies now, few fruits (except on Saturday cheat days) eggs, nuts, cheese, and lots of fish. I've made my diary open for those interested. This new way of eating seems to really compliment the hard work I've been putting in at my new MMA gym. In the last week and 1/2 of doing it I've noticed my stomach getting tighter, and tiny bits of definition! This app has been incredible for this journey too :) Anyone out there like me? I'd love to talk more about eating for abs!

-SB

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't see an open diary :( I was looking to get some ideas from you!
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Welcome! And it is great that you found what works for YOU specific to your goals and your health issues. I'm in the weight loss phase and hope to eventually get to the "just" abs phase. Wishing you the best on your journey! :smile:
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I can't see your diary either, I was curious!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I see you live in black forest. Hehe me too :-)
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    Oops! here we go. it's open to public now. I started doing this 2 thursday's ago. The first day I didn't pay attention to numbers because I wanted to see what my "planned abs meals" were going to give me. 250+ carbs thats what!! I learned a lot that night. Since, I've been pleasantly full and satisfied with the foods I eat. Also last saturday was my first cheat day. I'm still trying to understand cheat days completely. There is so much info out there! Tim Ferriss says to gorge on your cravings, and that I did. I felt like **** at the end of the day but I was excited to eat clean again. So cheat day was a success :)

Also, if you notice. I eat 6 small meals a day. well 3 meals 3 snacks. This is what works for me!

-SB
  • adunnahoe
    Options
    I've read some about juicing. Did you use the Gerson Therapy? Do I really have to have a specific type of juicer in order to reap the health benefits? What do you think?
  • adunnahoe
    Options
    I am new...where can I find your diary? I am very interested in raw foods and juicing....
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    My diary has no raw food diet in it because I started myfitnesspal when I switched to low carb. I post all my raw foods on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/sarahbethshow there are a couple raw food videos there where I talk about what I eat (ate). Here is a link to all of my raw posts from my blog: http://sarahbethyoga.tumblr.com/raw

As far as juice, for fat burning I do: 1 grapefruit, 1.5 lemons, 1 inch ginger and mix in 1tsp raw honey.

For optimal health I do: 5-6 carrots, 1 whole celery, 1 whole cucumber, 1 whole Bok Choy.

For digestion I do: 1-2 broccoli heads, 5-6 celery stalks, 1 kiwi, 1 cucumber

For Ulcerative Colitis I will add cabbage to the digestion or optimal health juice
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    Welcome! And it is great that you found what works for YOU specific to your goals and your health issues. I'm in the weight loss phase and hope to eventually get to the "just" abs phase. Wishing you the best on your journey! :smile:

Thank you Butterfly!! Wishing you a good journey as well. Thanks for the smile this morning :)
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    bumping my own post... I'd love to make more friends on here and offer/receive support in my daily feed :)