I'm going to mow the lawns today...yikes and woohoo

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
My body is still sore/tender from day before yesterday's exercising--but ya know what? I'm going to mow the lawns today and it's going to be hard, but I'm going to do it anyway--so NSV is I'm going to do something I don't really want to and I'm going to make the lawn/yards look so pretty to boot. I'm going to mow a design or pattern in the lawn...perhaps checkerboard or X's:love: but it's going to look fabulous and again, be a lot of work for me too--yay! I'll get started in about an hour...

Replies

• awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    While you're mowing, think about what you have to be thankful for. Celebrate with your body over what God is doing with you! You are an inspiration to me!

And lawns? As in, more than one? Sounds like a fantastic workout! Log it!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You will also be happy to know that mowing (if manual pushing) burns a LOT of calories. :) Make it gorgeous!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday! My hubby is ill and I had to mow the entire yard for the first time. I did the diagonal pattern on the front yard. lol Along with hiking for 2 hours while looking for mushrooms, tilling the garden, weeding, planting, etc. I burned over 1300 calories! And just so you know, mowing is in the database. Enjoy your burn and make those fat cells cry! :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    While you're mowing, think about what you have to be thankful for. Celebrate with your body over what God is doing with you! You are an inspiration to me!

And lawns? As in, more than one? Sounds like a fantastic workout! Log it!

You are such a beautiful saint, and I Thank God for you my friend:flowerforyou: . LOVE the suggestion and will do! Yes, I'll be doing the front, 2 sides and back yard---thus lawns:bigsmile:

I've logged it already...for 1 hour's work and will readjust the time if it's longer!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I have so much raking to do! Looking forward to it too! Good for you! :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    You will also be happy to know that mowing (if manual pushing) burns a LOT of calories. :) Make it gorgeous!

I WILL make it gorgeous! It's the first time this year I've mowed--and had to beg my 11 y.o. son to do it, because as he says "Mom...that's my job"!!! It's a manual pushing--not the self propelled kind) lawnmower and honey, it's works up a sweat in me something fierce.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I did that yesterday! My hubby is ill and I had to mow the entire yard for the first time. I did the diagonal pattern on the front yard. lol Along with hiking for 2 hours while looking for mushrooms, tilling the garden, weeding, planting, etc. I burned over 1300 calories! And just so you know, mowing is in the database. Enjoy your burn and make those fat cells cry! :smile:

Sorry your beloved huby is ill...hope he gets well SOON. Yes, I was thinking diagonal twice--so that it has little X's all over, that looks really CUTE and is so HARD for me too--but is also so satisfying in seeing the finished product, ya know? LOVE MAKING MY FAT CRY--YAY--CRY FAT--CRY!!!!!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I cut mine last weekend. I fet it today so it will grow quickly and I can cut it again.

I love cutting grass. It's one of the simple pleasures in life. :)

Never thought about doing a design though......
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I have so much raking to do! Looking forward to it too! Good for you! :drinker:

Thanks so much!!!! Be sure to put some gloves on maybe, so as not to get blisters on your hands--when I rake without gloves I always get blisters. Raking is FABULOUS exercise too--good for you!!!!
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Please be safe mowing. I had a lawn mower accident a few years back. Mowing next to a wire fence and it shot threw my shoe and into my bone and had to be removed. I love to mow but now I will only do it on a riding mower with no people out side :)
    I pray Yahweh will protect you dear and I am so proud of the progress you are doing. Shalom
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I cut mine last weekend. I fet it today so it will grow quickly and I can cut it again.

I love cutting grass. It's one of the simple pleasures in life. :)

Never thought about doing a design though......

I totally know whatcha mean, it's kinda like painting or designing something isn't...only it's makes you sweat and turn red-faced doing it. I loved cutting the lawns, but last year, my oldest son/11 yrs. old "took over" and now he claims it as "his job"--what's a mother to do? But I'm doing it today...period.

Mowing patterns in the lawn is so fabulous, it not only looks tremendous, but the actually thinking out the patterns and doing the work is so....I dunno, FUN and just plan as you said, a simple life's pleasure that is really cool. I do checkerboard patterns, x's and then I'll mow the borders in a different pattern, way cool--and a super good work-out to boot and again, looks gorgeous!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Please be safe mowing. I had a lawn mower accident a few years back. Mowing next to a wire fence and it shot threw my shoe and into my bone and had to be removed. I love to mow but now I will only do it on a riding mower with no people out side :)
    I pray Yahweh will protect you dear and I am so proud of the progress you are doing. Shalom

Dear God in HEAVEN, that sounds terrible....:cry: I hope you've fully recovered:flowerforyou: Thank you so much for posting this and for your fabulous and lovely blessings--I received them 100% and may The Lord Bless YOU and yours and Keep You and make His Face to Shine Upon you and Give you His Peace now and forever more:heart:
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Dear God in HEAVEN, that sounds terrible....:cry: I hope you've fully recovered:flowerforyou: Thank you so much for posting this and for your fabulous and lovely blessings--I received them 100% and may The Lord Bless YOU and yours and Keep You and make His Face to Shine Upon you and Give you His Peace now and forever more:heart:

Sweet sister, I am fine and all is good. Don't get me wrong, I love to mow but after what happen I worry for others and pray they mow with safety in mind. Thank you for you for the kind blessing upon me and my loves. I receive blessing and believe they cover us :) Baruch habah b'shem Yahweh, Blessed is the Name of the Lord.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    {{{{ :smile: DONE :happy: }}}}

The lawns look fabulous, I feel tremendous and it is so well with my mind, body, spirit and soul:bigsmile:

Thanks again so much for all your beautiful replies.

ETA: the soreness is GONE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!