My friend tried this and lost 60 lbs, now its my turn

Options
One of my friends pointed me to this website. She lost like 60 lbs and is working on her last 10 or so to her goal weight. Now its my turn. My last dr's appoitnment I was weighed in at my heaviest ever. I was 195 lbs. This really scared me. I do not want to get over 200 lbs. So, thanks to my firend I have now started working on eating right and exercising to lose weight. I am going to get thinner and healthier. At the age of 32 it is about time I love my weight again.

Replies

• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yay! And welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: I'm so excited to watch you on your journey. This place is full of great support, "Friends", things & ideas to help you along the way. Thanks for joining us!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and kudos to a healthier you :)!! I've been on here for around a month now, and have to say, it so far has been the best support system yet! I still have a way to go to reach my goal, but in the relativiely short time I've been on here I've already lost 6 pounds - it's so encouraging to see results! I always knew about how proper diet and exercise attributed to wealth loss and health, but didn't really know how to take into account how much I was actually eating (the calorie counter on here is a real eye opener, there are a lot of things I assumed healthier than what they actually were) and how much I could burn in exercise calories.
    Best of luck!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I hope your journey is as successful as your friends.

Post your age, height and goal weight, there will be many out here that are similar to you and would love to be your MFP pal.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Good luck, on your journey to a healthier you.
  • JHRoche
    JHRoche Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this app but I am super excited about it! My friend Jessica told me about it and I started today. I'm tired of being overweight and feeling horrible and I turn 40 in 2 weeks. With that being said...Here's to being 40 and feeling great! Have a blessed day everyone!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes to a great start, middle and continued maintenance! ;-)
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hello and welcome! After losing 4 pounds, I am now at your top weight, so we are in the same place. I really like this web site, it keeps me focused, and it is not too much of a bother. My goal is to lose weight by learning to choose correct portions, because I have lost and gained over the years, and I would like to keep my weight steady at a much lower point. Your friend can encourage you, and it is good to have a friend that gets your issues. A friend who gets it will not encourage you to order a dessert or drink when you are trying to keep on your program. I have a friend who is losing weight, and when we go out, I do not encourage him to order anything extra. I do not point out that he is leaving food on the plate, in fact, I think that is great. I don't comment on it because I want him to feel like what is on his plate is his business, and not mine. But I do comment on how well he looks, we all need to hear that! Each pound lost is a victory. It is a long process, but very worth it!