strech marks concern

Options
i had a baby about 5 years ago and my strech marks have diminished in color but are still very visible. im curious to know if i lose more weight what will happen. they are located on my stomach. i dont think ill ever be comfortable wearing a bikini. anyone with any pics??

Replies

• MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I literally was JUST talking to my best friend about this! I had my first son in 2005 and the 2nd in 2007 and I have stretch marks on my stomach like a b*tch :( I've lost about 63lbs as of today and my body is shrinking and my stretch marks are almost a white color?! so depressing, nothing I do makes them go away :(
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    They are just tiger stripes...show em youre a tiger... show em what you can do...
  • rae_ann
    rae_ann Posts: 13
    Options
    yea i know.. i figured id lose weight and my stomach would tighten and they would be less visible but idk.. you know what actually i remember when i laid out by the pool the darker i got the less i could see them but i think we just have to keep trimming our stomachs.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars from your skin stretching so much that it tears. You will never make them go away and the worst you may get out of it is lose skin but most people can tone up their stomach and make them fairly unnoticeable unless you have lost a huge amount of weight...then you may have more lose skin than if you had to lose less weight.

I had my daughter in 2006 and have stretch marks on my stomach but I'm pretty sure since I only had 60lbs to lose that it will tighten up. Good luck!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Be proud of them, they are your badge of honor for bringing life into this world!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Also, reverse crunches and bicycle crunches will help tighten your stomach better. Good luck!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Be proud of them, they are your badge of honor for bringing life into this world!

This.
  • PattyannB
    PattyannB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I notice the tanner I am, the less mine are visible. Unfortunately, there isnt much you can do to make them ago away. Once your skin loses its elasticity, its really hard to get it back.
  • rae_ann
    rae_ann Posts: 13
    Options
    thank you ladies:flowerforyou:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...I'm trying to remind myself that the stretch marks are better than the fat that was there before...

I have been using lotion constantly and I *think* they are slightly less neon. LOL

Good luck!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I had three kids that average a little over 9lbs each...I have stretch marks on my stomach and I'm sure they aren't going anywhere. They don't bother me 99% of the time.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Tanning, vitamin E, and pure cocoa butter (massage in after showering as often as possible).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My stomach is toning up nicely but the stretch marks are awful. I've given up on bikinis. Mine were born in 2005 and 2008. I've used every lotion/oil i've heard of, and they have lightened up but they are still very much there :(