problem..

Options
I eat alot of fruits, so I sometimes go over my limit of Vitamin C. I wanted to take a multivitamin, because somethings I do not get enough of; like iron and potassium. I was just wondering if getting the vitamin C from a multivitamin and getting the vitamin C from fruits, if thats to much?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I eat alot of fruits, so I sometimes go over my limit of Vitamin C. I wanted to take a multivitamin, because somethings I do not get enough of; like iron and potassium. I was just wondering if getting the vitamin C from a multivitamin and getting the vitamin C from fruits, if thats to much?
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    your body will only absorb the amount it needs, anything else will be expelled
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Nope...vitamin C is a water soluable vitamin..which means that if your body has too much of it, it will be flushed out with water. Can't over do it on those vitamins! The only vitamins you can over do it on are vitamins A, D, E, and K. Those are fat soluable...so your body can't flush them out...they are store and excessive amounts can actually harm your kidney and liver function. Other than those...you're fine.
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ. I have over dosed on Vitamin C and it's painful!
    But it wasn't too serious. Mostly puking and abdominal cramps. My mom loaded my sister and I up on vitamin C to ward off a cold and we both got very sick. I don't remember how much we were given but I think if you do overdose you will know. If you don't feel anything, its probably fine. Plus since you get most of your vitamin C with your fruits and veggies your not taking more than your daily requirment in one dose but smaller doses throughout the day. You should OK.