Why is this happening???

Options
ever since l started 1 week ago my tummy is always growling, why is this happening??? is it normal? it never did that befor!
l eat all cal. sugested and drink all 8 glasses watter.

???:frown:

Replies

• Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    ever since l started 1 week ago my tummy is always growling, why is this happening??? is it normal? it never did that befor!
    l eat all cal. sugested and drink all 8 glasses watter.

???:frown:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    your probably just use to eating more thats what was wrong with me. you just have to let your body adjust,
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    There was an ealier string with this same question. That might help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10408-hungry-more-often
  • K.Ann
    K.Ann Posts: 37
    Options
    I was like that also my first couple of weeks, I started spacing out my calories so I was eating every 2.5-3 hours. I also drink 4-5 cups of green tea a day and that has been a huge help in keeping me satisfied. I eat more protein than i used to and more whole grain and low fat dairy and now after 3 week its getting a lot easier. Try and tweak your eating schedule and also try to eat foods that give you a lot to eat with out a lot of calories veggies for example very little calories and a lot of chewing involved. I eat a lot salad with fat free Italian dressing the dressing alone has only 10 calories a serving and it keeps me satisfied. Also I try and exercise so I can eat more calories!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary,
    Your body is simply not adjusted to your new lifestyle. There are several ways to combat this:
    1. You want to make sure that you're eating enough lean protein, protein takes longer to digest so it will stick with you longer.
    2. Make sure you're not eating too much processed foods, processed foods are generally low on fiber, protein and nutrients, so your body will continue to tell you that you are still hungry. Instead of eating the 100 calorie snack packs, eat 100 calories worth of fresh veggies and low fat cheese, this will keep you filled a lot longer.
    3. Drink enough water, which I believe you said you are doing. Sometimes we think we're hungry, but instead we are dehyrated.
    4. Stay busy with exercise. This will keep your mind off food. Maybe take a 5 minute walk every time you feel that you are hungry, and if you're still hungry when you get back from your walk, then eat something.
  • kmatanzas
    kmatanzas Posts: 25
    Options
    Follow this and you will never be hungry....ignore the times those are based on my day....
    O.K. This will work so well if you can stick 2 it buddy. You Need to follow the basic principle's very strict. Your body is like a furnace. It will burn so much better with constent fuel. You need to eat more frequently but smaller serving's and better food. Exercise is good but not 100% nessasary

Breakfast.. BREAKFAST IS KEY!!!
    Try to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. Breakfast is the most important meal. Feel free to eat alot if you want. No more then 500calories. Suggestions would be quality whole grain cereal,eggs,wheat bread,oatmeal,turkey bacon,1/2milk,light cheese...anything like that.

This part is very important

Eat lot's of small things throughout the day. About every hour and a half eat 200 calories or so. Do not eat any more then 300 calories per sitting. Remember If you can keep your furnace burning at a steady temperature you will burn way more fat.

Good food's throughout the day would be skinless chicken,tuna,fish,vegetable's,pita bread,barilla noodle's.(the yellow box),ground lowfat turkey 90/10,sirloin,sweet potato's are super good for you. Natural food's without proccesing.

Try and make it so that the majority of your calorie intake allowance is almost reached before 6p.m.

DINNER...

Eat as small as a dinner as p;ossible. 300calories or less..
    Any of the food's I described will be good.

NO SODA!!! NO DIET SODA!!! NO FRENCH FRIES! NO BURGER'S(Unless they are turkey)lol NO BUN! try and stay away from white flour product's as well. White bread,bun's stuff like that.

Drink alot of water. 8 glasses a day of liquid. Green tea is super good for you and help's to speed your metabolism. If you are going to buy some though get the regular tea bags. It doesn't taste great but it will definatly help.

Breakfast10:30 to 11:00=350to500calories
    Early lunch12:30 to 1:00=200to250calories
    snacktime2:30 to 3:00=250to300calories
    lunch4:00 to 4:30=200to250calories
    late lunch6:00to6:30=200to250calories
    dinner 8:00 to 8:30=250to300calories

Total 5 meals most consumed by 6p.m.

1450 to 1850 calories per day. Just remember to stay away from too much cane sugar and processed foods.
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Follow this and you will never be hungry....ignore the times those are based on my day....
    O.K. This will work so well if you can stick 2 it buddy. You Need to follow the basic principle's very strict. Your body is like a furnace. It will burn so much better with constent fuel. You need to eat more frequently but smaller serving's and better food. Exercise is good but not 100% nessasary

Breakfast.. BREAKFAST IS KEY!!!
    Try to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. Breakfast is the most important meal. Feel free to eat alot if you want. No more then 500calories. Suggestions would be quality whole grain cereal,eggs,wheat bread,oatmeal,turkey bacon,1/2milk,light cheese...anything like that.

This part is very important

Eat lot's of small things throughout the day. About every hour and a half eat 200 calories or so. Do not eat any more then 300 calories per sitting. Remember If you can keep your furnace burning at a steady temperature you will burn way more fat.

Good food's throughout the day would be skinless chicken,tuna,fish,vegetable's,pita bread,barilla noodle's.(the yellow box),ground lowfat turkey 90/10,sirloin,sweet potato's are super good for you. Natural food's without proccesing.

Try and make it so that the majority of your calorie intake allowance is almost reached before 6p.m.

DINNER...

Eat as small as a dinner as p;ossible. 300calories or less..
    Any of the food's I described will be good.

NO SODA!!! NO DIET SODA!!! NO FRENCH FRIES! NO BURGER'S(Unless they are turkey)lol NO BUN! try and stay away from white flour product's as well. White bread,bun's stuff like that.

Drink alot of water. 8 glasses a day of liquid. Green tea is super good for you and help's to speed your metabolism. If you are going to buy some though get the regular tea bags. It doesn't taste great but it will definatly help.

Breakfast10:30 to 11:00=350to500calories
    Early lunch12:30 to 1:00=200to250calories
    snacktime2:30 to 3:00=250to300calories
    lunch4:00 to 4:30=200to250calories
    late lunch6:00to6:30=200to250calories
    dinner 8:00 to 8:30=250to300calories

Total 5 meals most consumed by 6p.m.

1450 to 1850 calories per day. Just remember to stay away from too much cane sugar and processed foods.

The NO fast food and no sodas is KEY .. serious business I did a 30 day challenge for myself recently
    *No fast food
    *No soda's
    *No sugar
    *Low fat consumption (under 8%)on anything I ate
    *no salt

I lost 3/4 pounds !!

Good luck !
    Becci
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Sorry I got off track a little but you will be surprised especially eating fast food , it will only fill you for a short time ... protein takes longer to digest and makes you feel full longer as well
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Thanks for the info, it will help alote.

Thanks again Mary:flowerforyou: