New Weight Gainer!!!

Options
Hi All,
I finally started gaining some weight after 9 years of being really skinny!! I'm 25, 5'11", and my stable weight was around 9st.
Pathetically thin, barely any muscle, and now that's changing. I started gaining weight recently, no idea why, but not going to question it (it's appearing on me so it's not a giant tumour!!), and hit 10st 2 weeks ago, and decided if I'm gaining weight, I'm not turning into one of the lardo's I work with. So I've started working out, and tracking my nutrition in the hopes of having a nicely muscled physique with a decent fat layer (I don't want the vein popping look).
So that's my starting point, and hopefully I can make some friends here along the way.

Cheers for reading!

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! Welcome to MFP.
    I am trying to gain too, i know the frustration.
    Good luck with your goals!
  • paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm gaining weight too :)

5lbs in 3 weeks so far.

Still need to gain another 12lbs.
  • terminalclient1
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, nice to get some support from others with the same goal!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • terminalclient1
    Options
    Hey to you too, always glad to see more gainers!!
  • ShadowCutter
    Options
    Me too, I'm 104lbs and my goal is115, I'll settle for 112 though as long as I don't lose any once I get there.
    I went out of town with my fiancé a couple weeks ago and we ate restaurant/ fast food the whole time, I gained 4lbs but lost it again at home.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    congrats man, I am not trying to gain but am like you looking to get more in shape and improve my physique. Hope you get all the support to help you reach your goals.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm trying to gain as well. Still going for another 5 lbs, but overall just improving my physique being my main goal, the number on the scale not too much. Good luck on your journey
  • paleojamie
    Options
    bump
  • ShadowCutter
    Options
    I have a question; I do push-ups and lunges because I want to tone my arms and legs a bit, I don't use any weights but there's a space for weight on the exercise, should I put 0? Currently it's on 10 because that was the default and I didn't know what to put there.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    bump