Hiring someone?

Options
Help please! Should I look at local universities for someone? I'm looking to hire an assistant for 6-7 hours/day; 5x a week. Just curious on what route I should go about it. I'm self employed, and have just got crazy busy, so def. need a little help! Any suggestions/help would be great!

Replies

• xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Local universities would be a great start! I often check the job boards at my school and I always see job ads from self employed people (babysitters, assistants etc). Other ways:
    - Put your job ad on Monster.com
    - Put an ad in the local newspaper (this may cost you some money though)
    - Get a family member or friend to help (or ask if they know anyone looking for work).
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, or Community colleges as well.
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    why you have to be so far away!

im looking for this kind of work! damn lol
  • MrsDinkley
    Options
    We advertise on a local job bank when we are looking to hire. Also Craigslist, Kijiji, or post on facebook, maybe a friend knows someone who would be perfect for the job. Good luck. It is hard to find good employees!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think it's best to hire someone you kinda know or someone your close friends know. That lessens the chances of you meeting a psychopathic killer or something.
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    Also check the local high school (counselor) lots of seniors have 1/2 day or more off and need money for college...good work experience for first timers and probably only have to pay minimum wage
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    haha yes but it's hard if you have friends or friends of friends working for you, kind of crosses the line.