went on an 11 day cruise and lost weight (no kidding)

Options
2»

Replies

• Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    This makes me feel a lot better about going on vacation next week! I'll be with my grandma in Florida and that lady looooves to cook (and she's good at it!) She has a pool, so I'm going to take advantage of that and do my strength training early to get it out of the way!

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I went on a 2 wekk cruise once and came back 4 llbs lighter, with all the walking, and utlizing their gym, and we did the buffets I just made better choices and thought to myself how can I do this at home.....lots of fruit and vegs dishes linited meat and carbs...increase activity does work!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    That has been my biggest area of concern. I do not want to derail my progress. My husband had arranged for us to go on a cruise in early August. I remember my past overindulgences.
  • dorrierobles2003
    Options
    This is quite an accomplishment! Keep it up! ;)
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Supposedly stress hormones interfere with weight loss. So perhaps relaxing was a factor, as well.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great to hear! My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise in October. I'm not really all that worried about gaining weight on the cruise because I pretty much never sit still! I do plan on sampling all the different food (within reason) on the cruise but I also have us planned to the max on active things to do. Every port we are snorkeling, scuba diving, bike riding, climbing Mayan ruins (super excited about that one), etc. Also looking forward to all the different active stuff to do on the boat... especially the new ropes and obstacle course!! (Yep, I'm a 30yo kid).
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I rarely gain weight on a cruise. I make DH take the stairs everywhere and stay active as much as possible. We love roaming around the ship, so I'm sure that helps!

Aggies-I'm cruising in Octover, too. What ship and when are you going? We're going on the Magic, October, 28. :smile:
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    So inspirational! I'll be taking a 7--day to Alaska in about 7 weeks! I hope I do as well as you!!!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Aggies-I'm cruising in Octover, too. What ship and when are you going? We're going on the Magic, October, 28. :smile:

Us too! Magic, Oct 28! 205 days!! (Yes, I'm counting down) I'm very excited, this will be my first cruise :-D
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Us too! Magic, Oct 28! 205 days!! (Yes, I'm counting down) I'm very excited, this will be my first cruise :-D

Cool that we're on the same cruise! Our last few cruises have been with a group of friends, but not this one. Now, I'll "know" someone on the ship. :smile: This will be my 7th cruise and I still countdown the days! I'm excited to go on a new ship. If you have any questions or want any tips, I'll be happy to help if I can!
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Brilliant - and I bet you didn't enjoy the holiday any less for all your controlled eating and exercise - great job. We love Florida too!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!