Help!!Craving bad foods!

Options
Hey, I am on day 21 of MFP. All weekend long I felt hungry, had a headache and craved bad foods! I layed on the couch last night crying due to feeling like I need those bad foods. I however did not give in. ..but, I am battling this today also. Any ideas to help me get my mind focued would be so grateful..

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It usually means you're lacking something...or you're just trying to break the sugar addiction. What are you craving?
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It usually means you're lacking something...or you're just trying to break the sugar addiction. What are you craving?

Yes!! The body craves what it is lacking. Are you getting all of your vitamins and nutrients needed through your diet?
  • lilRicki
    Options
  • lilRicki
    Options
    unfortunetly there's no answer for my serious cherry pie cravings lol
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I've just started adding one day a week when I allow myself to eat anything I might have been craving. I log it all so I make sure I'm still at a calorie deficit for the week, but this helps with cravings when you know you will get to eat what you crave in a few days. I'm always happy to return to healthy eating after that day off.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so I can't see what you're eating, but if you're feeling hungry and have a headache, you probably need to eat more! And there's nothing wrong with giving in sometimes. Last night I had the biggest craving for ice cream, so I had a big bowl of Edy's thin mint girl scout cookie ice cream with chocolate whipped cream. OMG it was so good. Added 400 calories to my day, but I was still within my calorie goal and was down on the scale this morning. :)

If not eating something is making you miserable, eat it! Doing this every once and a while is okay. :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Eat something that is good! Like if I am crazing a brownie that someone brought in to work, I eat a banana so I'm not hungry and brownies don't sound as good.

If you really are craving something in particular, maybe your should have a little of something like it so you don't wear out your willpower battling it. Craving chocolate pie? Have two hershey's kisses instead and call it good. Craving a greasy burger? Order a small kids fries and eat just half, etc.

Maybe your body actually NEEDS something that it is craving, like salt. Check your stats and make sure you are up on protien, fats, sodium, potassium, etc. If the food you are craving truely has no nutritional redeeming features though, I wouldn't worry about it needing something, it's probably just a simple craving.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Never hurts to have a little of what your craving...everything in moderation. You can't deny yourself what your craving forever. If I crave it, I eat it. Didn't hurt me at all. In total with MFP and before MFP I've lost 72lbs...and had some guilty pleasures.

Don't deprive, but don't over do it.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water before you decide to eat. I used to confuse thirst with hunger pangs.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you don't give yourself what you want, you won't stick with the diet. Give yourself that treat and view it as such. Log it, and just compensate the rest of the week for it. If you need a bad day, have a bad day... you don't have to be perfect every day!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Pick one have it move on
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have a little of what you are craving, but do some form of exercise to make up for it!!