I'm so tired!

Options
Ever since I started dieting I've been so tired. Has anyone got any ideas of how i can eat healthy and not be falling asleep at 6pm every night?

Replies

• siloparek
    siloparek Posts: 10
    Options
    I had a horrible lack of energy, too. I still do. I started taking B vitamins, and if you only have X amount of calories every day, then you have to make every meal count, I found. This means that almost no part of meals can be "empty" calories. After a day of loading up on fruits and veggies (carbs make me tired) and eating in 5 or 6 small meals a day, I feel less tired by the time I make it to the gym at night.

I also have to avoid lots of sugar. I found that what I thought was "tired" was really lack a crash because my blood sugar wasn't the same as it was before I started eating healthier, so it was like chocolate made me lag.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Also, you may have set your goals too high.

You have around 25 pounds to lose? Your Goals should be set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week". If you set it at "Lose two pounds per week" you are under eating, which will cause lethargy and can eventually cause more damage.

Don't set your Activity Level at "Sedentary" either, if you have a job or go to school or care for children, you are not Sedentary. Setting the activity level accurately will give you more calories. Eat your calories earned by exercise. Only very overweight people can get away with not eating them.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

• feelinggorgeous
    Options
    thank you guys, will be trying this asap!
  • ang_mick
    ang_mick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've also found that taking a multivitamin at lunch time (I like the gummy ones) helps for me. With less food intake, you have less opportunity to get all of your vitamins and minerals. B12 and Vitamin D are also great for energy if you'd rather be specific. It's important that it's with food too - so you can absorb it properly.