Is it possible?

Options
Is it possible that my belly "fat rolls" are starting to get mushy and soft? I swear they were much firmer not too long ago. I am down 9 pounds. Hoping this a a good step forward!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that my belly "fat rolls" are starting to get mushy and soft? I swear they were much firmer not too long ago. I am down 9 pounds. Hoping this a a good step forward!
    When you lose fat, the cells holding fat "deflate". It's like a balloon filled to capacity with water and then losing some of the water.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well im steadily losing and the solid gut is flabbily hanging on for dear life so I sure hope it's a good thing :).
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this myself! Thanks!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've heard that a lot of people experience this. Fatty tissue holds more water than muscle. As you lose fat, you'll get kinda jiggly & sloshy until your body figures out it doesn't need to be holding on to all that water now that the fat's gone. Then you may experience a sudden larger weight drop (people call it "the whoosh"), and tighten up again at a smaller size.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yup, you start feeling kinda squishy instead of solid. If it makes you feel uncomfortable you can always get some light support undies/cami like Spanx.
  • TriciaAnn81
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPP! This makes me not want to eat another piece of cookie!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I found that and also that I tend to see any stretch marks I have because now the skin is deflating and they look more noticeable.