toning thighs

Options
Can anyone give me some idea's of exercises on tighten my inner and outter thighs and my hips? Since I had my daughter two months ago ive been having trouble finding jeans to fit over my thighs .Thank You

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    The Butt Bible. Look it up on youtube. You're welcome. :smile:
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    squats and lunges x
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good Housekeeping.com had some good exercises in my email yesterday.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Joggin/running (: my legs have toned up a crazy amount(: start small with walking if you can't run and try adding 30 seconds of running/jogging every minute or two when you go walking until you get a better handle on running. I swear to you it works like magic(;
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges x

^^^This:)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are the best. Ball squats (with a fitness ball between you and a wall) and walking lunges were where I started.

I have also like Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones - she really targets legs.

Also, give yourself some time. If you're only 2 months post partum, your body is still getting back into normalcy. Do start with some light work and gradually increase, but remember, it took 9 months to get your body out of shape (or more, if it didn't start with pregnancy), it's going to take a bit to get it back. My baby is 6 months, and I'm still working on toning down these darn thunder thighs
  • mama73bear
    Options
    Butt Bible...nice, I'm going to check that one out. I found lunges and squats to be helpful...and the elliptical trainer as well!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Another one for outer thighs -- resistance band around your legs about mid calf. Sidestep to the left twenty, then sidestep to the right. Three sets, increase reps as you get stronger.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i just check out the butt bible and looks great! I know I need this! i think I'll start doing this on my rest days! haha
  • Sadiegirl2
    Options
    This is very true for me as well!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A reasonable calorie deficit to make them thin. Squats and deadlifts to make them pretty (ideally with a calorie surplus). The end.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well losing weight in general will get them smaller, although you can't lose weight only in the areas that you want. And basically squats, lunges, deadlifts... you can do workout dvd's that specifically target the bun/thigh area. Someone already mentioned the butt bible... I've heard of it but never done it. Jillian Michaels workouts do a lot of leg work. She also has one called "killer buns and thighs"
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    i just check out the butt bible and looks great! I know I need this! i think I'll start doing this on my rest days! haha

You won't be saying that when you're in weeks 3 and 4! :smile: It's called the Butt Bible, but she works everything. I didn't know it was on youtube until I was about to post here. Someone posted their results pics on the boards. I'm not that brave! Ripped in 30 was a good one, too.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    Thank you all
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer buns and thighs, 3 x 30ish min workouts really targetting those areas, yet to do level 3 though it was full on.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer buns and thighs, 3 x 30ish min workouts really targetting those areas, yet to do level 3 though it was full on.

^^^ This!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options

You won't be saying that when you're in weeks 3 and 4! :smile: It's called the Butt Bible, but she works everything. I didn't know it was on youtube until I was about to post here. Someone posted their results pics on the boards. I'm not that brave! Ripped in 30 was a good one, too.

So i just did the level 1 (WOW BURN haha) but im wondering how it works do you do that every day for 1-2 weeks and then go up a level or once a week?
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges x

^This^

Squats toes pointed forward (for inner thigh - toes pointed outward)
    Squats with one foot on a rise toes pointed forward
    Squats with your heels rested on a set of dumbell weights (or anything of that sort) feet a little less than shoulder width apart, toes pointed forward for this one.
    Lunges forward and reverse lunges (for inner thigh - side lunges and diagonal lunges)
    Sumo walking (BUTTS DOWN CHEST UP!) this one really burns
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    So i just did the level 1 (WOW BURN haha) but im wondering how it works do you do that every day for 1-2 weeks and then go up a level or once a week?

You do each level for 2 weeks. Day 1, lower body; Day 2, upper body; Day 3, rest or cardio; Day 4, lower body; Day 5, upper body; Day 6, rest or cardio; Day 7, rest. In weeks 3&4 you need a light weight for one of the shoulder exercises. I think she's using just 1 lb. I just gave my 3 lb weights away, so the lightest I have are 5's and I think they might be a little heavy for that one. She also uses the 1lb weights in the butterfly that she does without weights in the first level, and 5 lbs is definitely too heavy for that one. I'm starting week 4. I think there's a bar used in the last 2 weeks. I saw it on the back cover of my dvd, so I hope she gives a substitute for that.