Do I stick to weighing in once a week or switch it up?

Options
Since the beginning of this year I have weighed in on Mondays, but I am wondering what everyone elses opinions are when they weigh in and why they choose to do it that way? I like doing weekly weigh ins because I feel like my weight flucuates so much that if I record before my weigh in day that it may not be a real loss that will stay off... I know a lot of people weigh in daily... I don't know what to do...Any suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• Bevbl3
    Bevbl3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm usually tempted to hop on the scales most days but I only log my weight on MFP once a week on a Saturday.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week just for my own mental health. I tend to obsess over things, and if I weighed in every day, I'd easily get frustrated/discouraged. I know some people like to weigh in more often to keep themselves honest or make sure they're on track. I just can't. Wednesday is my weight in day, and that's it for me.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Once a month!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    The scale is a liar! lol
    I use my measurements to track my progress due to by body frame. I suggest tracking that and weigh-in every two weeks. Be mindful of water retention during TOM also.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    I usually weigh in every Friday for the same reason, I know if I weigh in Monday I will probably be disappointed due to the weekend & if I gained anything I have Mon-Thur to get rid of it(: I'm starting to consider weighing in every other week, but I have an obsession with the scale idk if I'll be able to do that! lol
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weight every day when I get up, after the bathroom but only log weight loss around Tues/Wed when I know it has stabilised after the weekend when I am likely to have had a spike day or burned a lot of exercise calories. Monday's weight is often fluctuating.
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself daily and only log when it drops below my last result. So if it drops two days in a row I log it, but if it goes back up, I wait until I'm past that goal again.
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    bhall, I thought I was the only one that did that. Thank you!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week just for my own mental health. I tend to obsess over things, and if I weighed in every day, I'd easily get frustrated/discouraged. I know some people like to weigh in more often to keep themselves honest or make sure they're on track. I just can't. Wednesday is my weight in day, and that's it for me.

Total agree!! I was doing the daily and was gettn discouraged..
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm usually tempted to hop on the scales most days but I only log my weight on MFP once a week on a Saturday.

^^This (except I enter mine on Sundays).
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'll switch my days up... Trade Monday for Tuesday. I tend to "spike" on the weekend and I think the excess sodium causes inconsistent flucuations and it gets me frustrated..