Good Dumbbell based workout?

Options
Anyone recommend a good dumbbell based workout? Well a workout using either dumbells or nothing
Trying to get a good workout routine that doesn't depend solely on the gym for strength training

Replies

• AdamB311
    AdamB311 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cheers, will give it a try
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bump for later--I'm just about ready to shake up my dumbbell workout.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Check out www.gainfitness.com. You can create a workout based on your level, your area(s) of focus and desired/available equipment. I use their workouts all the time for at home, where I only have a ball and dumbbells.

ETA: It's a free site and you can use it from your iphone as well (I wish they had it for Android...).
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to spend money, ChaLean Extreme by beachbody is a good one.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    bump
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Great question! Thanks for the 2 links provided here by MFP'rs! You can also try www.bodybuilding.com for free workouts.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this one for about 10 weeks- I like it so far--

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

Good site..

throw in some burpees. Really get your heart going too :)
  • bodyjammin85
    bodyjammin85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    P90X - best home programme for lean muscle and fat burning!
  • Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maybe http://liveexercise.com. I use that for cardio and toning atm, but wanna do the strength shows too :). good luck finding something ;)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Anyone recommend a good dumbbell based workout? Well a workout using either dumbells or nothing
    Trying to get a good workout routine that doesn't depend solely on the gym for strength training

Try Supreme 90 Day. You can preview the workouts on Collagevideo.com. You can buy the 10 dvds program set for $19.99 at the following stores, Walgreens, The Dollar General Store, Walmart, Target (These stores might have them on sale). Bed Bath and Beyond have the set for $9.99, well the one where I live. Some people have found the program at stores on sale for $5.00. It's a good muscle confusion program. If you don't want to do the workouts as a program, you don't. Just incorporate them into your workout routine. The only equipment you will need are dumbbells and a stability ball.
  • jennewby71
    Options
    Chalean Extreme from Beachbody.com. I use the Select-Tech dumbbells with it and have completed 3 months. Now in final stage for life. Love it, it never gets boring or old and constantly changes since you always increase the weight. Great program!