Sweet things

Options
Any suggestions as to products I can have after dinner time meals to satisfy my sweet tooth would be appreciated ?!

thanks

Replies

• damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you mean straight after the meal or as a snack later on?
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello or Sugar free Jello with fruit in it? Or just fruit by itself? I like sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • AR1978
    AR1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    both :smile:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Mix protein powder with water and cocoa powder and freeze it! YUM!! and it's perfect because it's packed with protein!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have a low calorie hot chocolate drink, made with water, and that usually helps.
    Either that, or I have fruit or some dried prunes.
  • AR1978
    AR1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sugar free Jello or Sugar free Jello with fruit in it? Or just fruit by itself? I like sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon.

oh yes, i remember someone saying that Jello (or Jelly in the UK) was a good option. thanks
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you like baked apples, try slicing an apple, sprinkling it with cinnamon and splenda, and microwaving the whole thing for a minute or two

I also really like two make banana 'ice cream.' I usually add half a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.
    (http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2011/08/19/one-ingredient-banana-ice-cream/)
  • damnedlady
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too! Fruit and berries is always good, maybe as a smoothie if there's room for a bigger snack. ;) I find a small amount of nuts helps. Also, there's dates or dried apricots.
  • damnedlady
    Options
    I also really like two make banana 'ice cream.' I usually add half a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.
    (http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2011/08/19/one-ingredient-banana-ice-cream/)
    I'm definitely going to try that!
  • hennelisa
    Options
    Jello with sugar free cool whip is very low calorie no fat very satisfying!!!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sugar free vanilla puddings or fruit
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions as to products I can have after dinner time meals to satisfy my sweet tooth would be appreciated ?!

thanks

Fat-Free No Sugar Added Fudgesickles. They've only got 40 calories and they satisfy a chocolate craving. So yummy and rich!

Also ... mango's are sweet and tasty.

I also like baby carrots, steamed in the microwave for a few minutes, then spray them with the no-calorie, no-fat, no-cholesterol "I can't believe it's not butter" spray then sprinkle some stevia on it and some cinnamon. DELISH!!!

Or apples, steamed in the microwave ... with a few holes poked in them. They come out with almost a caramel sugary taste.

Hope those help.

Darla
  • damnedlady
    Options
    I tried the banana ice cream. Amazing! I've spread the recipe to a friend who loved it as well. I added a tbsp of chocolate powder (the kind used to make chocolate milk) @ 17 extra kcal. Yum!