Skinny does NOT equal clueless

Options
setting goals is personal. If you want to lose 100 pounds or you just to get definition or you have lost 100 pounds and are on your last few pounds or came here to gain weight, etc, it is YOUR PERSONAL GOAL. It does NOT make you clueless to desire to be a certain size or weight or have a certain body fat percentage.

I would NEVER tell someone they are clueless for their goals, because it is THEIR goals, NOT mine. I am fit and healthy and should I choose to lose a few more pounds and/or body fat, that is MY goal and I will REMAIN healthy.

It's high time for people to get off their high horses and applaud and support one another, not try to tear each other down. So, kudos to you ALL for setting a goal and going for it!

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Agreed :drinker:
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    True that! :drinker:
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes! So tired of the my-way-or-the-highway attitude some of these members have!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Well said! :drinker:

We all came here for our own reasons, everyone has different goals. Why not just support everyone in whatever they wish to achieve!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    eq0yfc.jpg
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :love: :drinker:
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well said. I'm afraid to tell people my goal or even how much I weigh because I know I'll be condemned for it. I shouldn't have to hide like this.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I agree, I've been deleted or scolded for drinking, and have been called unhealthy. but one of my goals is to loose weight without giving up drinking beer. I just add it to my calorie count, and I'm still slowly loosing :drinker:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I puffy heart you.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    yeah i know i love you!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hell Yes well said!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It works both ways for those people that don't want to get super-thin or buff or whatever. If someone wants to be skinny, fine. If someone wants to be ripped, fine. If they want to be soft and curvy, fine. As long as they're healthy and happy.
    Sick of people who think their ideals are THE ideal that must be met in order to be healthy or attractive.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree! Totally. Just for the record, this is what MFP used to be like. Like everything, the site got huge and changed somewhat. But it is still a pretty neat place.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good post!

I get laughed at when i tell people my goal (mainly outside of mfp) but they wont be laughing 1-2 years down the road haha
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I have to agree... I'm so sick of everybody, putting other people down, causing drama, or TRYING to start arguments on here... Its drama that really isn't needed... And at the end of the day, no matter what all the different goals are on here, we should all be trying to support one another as best we can, not putting other people down...
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It works both ways for those people that don't want to get super-thin or buff or whatever. If someone wants to be skinny, fine. If someone wants to be ripped, fine. If they want to be soft and curvy, fine. As long as they're healthy and happy.
    Sick of people who think their ideals are THE ideal that must be met in order to be healthy or attractive.

agree with this :flowerforyou:
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would add that no one knows the story of others, also. It's entirely possible the person that just got ripped open for being "skinny" is battling an ED - or coming off chemo - or just met their goal. We just never know.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    And sometimes the goal is health instead of size, even though health should be part of every goal. If it's about being a fit skinny instead of a sedentary skinny, that is just as valid a goal as any other.