Best exercise DVDs?

Options
Due to financial constraints, I am having to put my gym membership on hold indefinitely. So, I am looking for some great exercise DVDs that will keep me motivated and that work! I have done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and like that, especially that its only 20 minutes....but am ready to do something else. I am looking for ones that do both weights &cardio and are preferably no longer than 45 minutes per workout.

Thanks!

Replies

• andreaeose777
    andreaeose777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bob Harper's Inside Out series. And they are on his website for only $5 a piece. They are kind of long and a little bit more advanced but if you've been working out for a little while then I'd get them. I really can't say enough good about them. I started with 30 Day Shred by Jillian, then moved to Ripped in 30, and then Jackie Warner Xtreme Time Saver workout (which is my favorite after Bob's videos) So I vote for Bob Harper then Jackie Warner.

If you want to preview workout videos this site is excellent. http://www.collagevideo.com/
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Ripped in 30. Updated and intense! A great next step after 30DS.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    The best workout is the one you'll use. So if you love 30DS why not just use it? And to make it more difficult do two level workouts at the same time. Like Level 1+3... for one workout, or Level 1+2, or 2+3 (you get the idea). That'll give you a 40 minute workout!!!
  • jstaff87
    jstaff87 Posts: 9
    Options
    I use beachbody workouts b/c I have found they are the most complete. As in, I can just buy one program and it gives me all my workouts both cardio and strength training. Plus it also comes with online support, a personal fitness coach, and a nutritional guide. I have done a lot of them. I could recommend a good one for you if you want to message me (not sure what type of workouts your into) I find they are the most comparable to the gym. Jillian's DVDs are great as well though.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can preview the following workouts on Collagevideo.com. Your local stores should have number 1 and 2. Number 3, you can buy on Amazon.com

1. Tae Bo Ripped Extreme. A woman's cardio/strength workout

2. Tae Bo Cardio Sculpt. I'm doing this one tonight for my workout.

3. Chris Freytag. 10 Pound Slimdown. 5 Workouts on the dvd. Each workout is 20 minutes. Collagevideo.com no longer carries this workout, but you can still view the workout here: http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=6047
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels new Body Revolution (90-day program)
    P90X with Tony Horton (90-day program)

Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism
    Jillian Michaels' Extreme Shed & Shred
  • jennewby71
    Options
    Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire all from Beachbody.com
    Hardest cardio workout I've ever done is one I just got on Amazon.com called Breathless Body. It 55 minutes including the warmup and cooldown. Tabata style workout. INTENSE!!!!!