Good idea or Bad idea?

Options
Hey all,
I'm trying to GAIN weight, and I had a little theory the other day.
Would it be very beneficial to get a FitBit to track all the walking I do for work (I do alot!), so I can track and therefore account for the calorie burn and compensate for it with more food?
Does anyone think this would be a good idea, or just plain crazy overkill?
My calorie intake should be 2610, but I regulary go over 3000, trying to gain at least 1lb a week, and I work out.

Replies

• enginerd81
    Options
    That's a pretty reasonable plan.

But since I'm cheap I'd take the "lets try 3000 calories" and see how fast I gain over the course of a month. If you'd like to gain more add 200-300 calories.

If i still had problems getting it dialed in or i had super active days followed by inactive days I'd consider the fitbit.
  • wammyzammy
    Options
    Hi, my son is trying to gain weight. He needs to work out which exercise is best and we too think he should try to compensate for calories burnt. He is 6ft and weighs just over 8 stone . He has been using my fitness pal to count calories to make sure he has enough each day. I will look into getting a fit it for him.
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think if you are trying to gain weight that would definitly be a good idea!
    If you are very active at work you should make sure to eat back thoe calories as much as possible
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My brother used that creatine (spelling???) stuff and I've seen a guy in the one class I have drinking a lot of those shakes.
    I tried a shake supliment to help lose weight, but I love to eat too much to stick to it.
    But I think trying to eat what you burn off is also a good thing also.
    Good luck!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I'm trying to GAIN weight, and I had a little theory the other day.
    Would it be very beneficial to get a FitBit to track all the walking I do for work (I do alot!), so I can track and therefore account for the calorie burn and compensate for it with more food?
    Does anyone think this would be a good idea, or just plain crazy overkill?
    My calorie intake should be 2610, but I regulary go over 3000, trying to gain at least 1lb a week, and I work out.

Seems like a good idea, especially if you use MFP to track, as FitBit adjusts your calories directly on your diary, so you can always see your net.
  • terminalclient1
    Options
    [/quote]

Seems like a good idea, especially if you use MFP to track, as FitBit adjusts your calories directly on your diary, so you can always see your net.
    [/quote]

Yeah the integration of FitBit with the MFP app is exactly the reason I was thinking of getting it. Though £80 is a bit much to drop on a device that is really just a souped up pedometer. I regularly go over 3K calories a day, and I have been gaining weight despite work activities, just looking to cover all the bases.
    Maybe next month when I have a little extra money.
    Thanks to everyone for their replies.