GOOD DINNER MEALS FOR UNDER 500 CAL!! HELP!?

Options
2»

Replies

• eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Stoffers cheese raviollis are really good and its only 310 calories for a cup of them so it leaves u extra calories for a slice of garlic bread.
    I know its not the healthiest meal but I'm italian and I need my pasta every now and then. I'm 30 pounds down so far 18 of the pounds have been lost on myfitnesspal. This sight has really changed my life! Hope this helps for pasta craving :)
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There are thousands of great meals under 500 calories. You can eat anything and have it be under 500 calories, for that matter. The things you mentioned all have portions that are 500 calories. Pasta with meatballs, or ravioli, for example, is about 500 calories in a store bought can, like Chef Boyardee. You won't be able to eat a standard restaurant style serving of chicken parm for 500 cals, but you could certainly have a portion of it for 500 cals. Good luck.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Here's a great chicken recipe, if you pair it with a side salad, steamed veggies or some fruit it could easily be under 500 cals.

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter
    * 4 cloves garlic, minced
    * 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    * 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
    3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
    4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
    5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Calories: 406 | Total Fat: 25.2g | Cholesterol: 130mg
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Later this week I am going to try to make a lower calorie shepherd's pie. The plan is to use 1/3 finely chopped portobello mushroom and 1/2 ground beef. If it's good I will post it.
  • jstaff87
    jstaff87 Posts: 9
    Options
    Turkey burgers on sandwich thins w/ whatever toppings you prefer (I like swiss, tomato, and avacado) are great. I had that the other night with grilled asparagus on the side and it was under 450 cals for the whole thing. Also kabobs are a good option. I do them all kinds of ways with chicken or shrimp and veggies them marinade and grill them. If you want to message me I can send u some recipes :)

I also post a lot of healthy meals with pictures on my facebook "like" page if you or anyone else on here would like to check it out! Tonight I am going to make spaghetti squash! Hope it turns out good.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jackie-Stafford/145460822234962