Scale Not Moving!

Options
I am sure there are other boards such as this, but I can't help just ask for some motivation. I lost 10lbs in a month, the past 2 weeks, nothing. I even have gained 2lbs and lost 2lbs. I stay within 1200-1250 or so calories a day and exercise doing strength training/weights and running 3 miles. Why is the scale not budging here? I have about 40lbs to lose, so it's not like my body needs this fat to stay. It's so frustrating!

Replies

• CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Try switching your diet up... Take a day to eat more calories than usual with good fats like avocado and coconut. When I stall for a bit, I do this for a day or two and I always start losing again the next week. Good luck... It's frustrating, I know!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I find that when I'm doing the MOST exercise, like right at the end of my half-marathon training, is when I don't lose weight. I think the amount of fat I'm burning is equal to the amount (weight) of muscle I'm growing. When I'm off for a couple of weeks I can lose pretty quickly. So I lose in really weird spurts. Every 3 mths or so, I lose 5-10 lbs (if I'm watching my calories).

another thing that holds me up sometimes is if too many of my calories are from sugars or grains. If I keep those kind of low, and eat more of my calories in vegetables and beans, I do much better.

I hope you find something that works for you!
  • jstaff87
    jstaff87 Posts: 9
    Options
    It could be that you need to up your calorie intake with all that exercise your body might not be getting enough and going to "starvation" mode so it will hold on to everything you are putting in. Also changing up your exercise helps you shock your muscles and get over plateaus.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake with protein and healthy fats on the days you workout.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    are u eating back your exercise calories?? If u are only eating 1200 calories a day u are DEF not eating enough!! Your body is going into starvation mode. Feed it and it will start shedding the weight :)
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am typically not eating back my exercise calories. I am following Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, which she says to eat 1200 calories/day in the follow schedule:

250 calories for breakfast
    400 calories for lunch
    150 calories for snack
    400 calories for dinner

I do the required workout of the day, typically 30 minutes and I do bonus cardio like jogging, hiking with my dog, etc.

It's so frustrating when the scale doesn't move. I wish it would move to just give me the motivation to keep going. When other people are losing on the program and I'm just at a stand still, I am, 1. jealous, 2. wondering why it's not working for me.

I'm also vegan so I eat very clean.
  • Pbrown1783
    Options
    i can relate, im not losing on 1200 a day either, so frustrating, im eating mostly vegetables and logging in everything so i dont go over and still nothing, im trying to eat somehting every couple of hours to try to boost my metabolism , dont know what else to do
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Pbrown1783 wrote: »
    i can relate, im not losing on 1200 a day either, so frustrating, im eating mostly vegetables and logging in everything so i dont go over and still nothing, im trying to eat somehting every couple of hours to try to boost my metabolism , dont know what else to do

Holy two years later, Batman!

On another note, your metabolism can't be "boosted". It does what it does based on your activity level. As far as the food goes, are you weighing your food on a digital scale (in grams) and measuring liquids? If not, I'd suggest that you do so. If you're not, you're probably eating way more than you think you are.