NSV running 5 mins

Options
I can't believe it! Today I completed week 4 day 1 of C25K, I have been terrified about running 5 mins straight and I did it! On top of that I am so close to reaching my first goal of being under 200lbs. Today my scale read 201.5 so I am really close!!!

Replies

• Needtolose3
    Needtolose3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done I'm starting running Tom I hope I can run 30 secs lol
  • aehealey
    aehealey Posts: 17
    Options
    When I started this journey I could only run 7 seconds, literally, progressed each week now I run 5 miles straight! Congrats on your success, be proud of yourself!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Hopefully I won't be too far behind you. :drinker:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Way to go! When I started C25K I remember coming home after day 1 and literally being laid up for the rest of the night...I could barely move...I was coughing and wheezing.

Now I'm about to finish Week 8 tonight and can run over 2 miles without stopping. And I feel fantastic afterward. It's a wonderful program.
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I just started running, not using C25K, and I'm up to about 2.5 or 3minutes.

Keep up the great work!!
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I just did week 5 day 1 today and was shocked how barely out of breath I felt after each 5 minute interval. This is a great program as at the beginning I was out of breath after 30 seconds. I feel awesome!
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! I was there too, so i know exactly how you feel. you would keep on surprising yourself by running more and more each day. way to go!!:)
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's awesome ! ! I'm right there with you on Week 4, day 1... I plan to take tomorrow off and do it again on Weds. - and I'm with you- I was AMAZED that I actually did the 5 minute segments without stopping or feeling like I was going to die !! That is SO COOL ! ! It's a great program, and WE'RE DOING IT ! !

Keep it up, friend ! !

:drinker:
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up! I just started running using the c25k program first week of January and can now run three miles. I am slow and it takes me about 44 mins to do it but that's light years from where I was less than 3 months ago when the 30 second runs were brutal. Planning to do a 5k in a couple of weeks that will be my first ever running 5k. Just keep at it. You will become more and more proud of yourself every week!
  • rrcaudill
    rrcaudill Posts: 87
    Options
    That's great!! I just did week 1 day 1 today. I've heard so many success stories that started with this program, I am eager to get it going. :)
  • sassarooroo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It is so great to hear that many are where are am and to hear the great success of others. For those who are just starting looking at those who are moving forward, you can do it too! We are all in this together :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!