Runners: trouble with headphones?

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
I love listening to music while I run but the headphones are a pain is the *kitten*! The noise they make bouncing up and down drives me nuts! So then I tucked them into my bra strap and it pulls tight or lose and I'm fumbling with it all the time. Anyone have a solution to this problem???
Thanks!
angie

Replies

• NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I got used to it! :)

They make earbuds that have a piece that goes around the outside of the ear, and It think that would help with the bouncing noise, but I haven't tried it yet.... Good Luck!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    OMG - I was just thinking about this today when I was running. It drives me batshi#@ crazy to hear them! Then sweat runs down the cord, etc.

Hoping someone has a solution. My hubs tried getting me over the ear one, but it was the kind that went around the back of my head and it drove me even more nuts!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I use Phillips earclip headphones that go around the ear. Then I tuck the cord thru my sports bra, and then thru my (short) sleeve to my iPod. The sports bra keeps it from bouncing around and I leave enough slack so they are not being pulled tight.
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Best investment:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-sport-earphones-sennheiser-adidas-sport_504046

One wire. Comes with two clips, one on the volume control piece (the whole piece is removable) and another that you can put anywhere on the cord. No bounce noise, comfortable, and pretty darn water proof. The other day I poured some water over my head because I was hot...realizing too late that I had my headphones on. No damage.
  • dandreii
    dandreii Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the ironman yurbuds which you set in your ear and then twist. They stay in most of the time, but every now and then one ear gives me trouble. In the winter I have an earwarmer wrap that keeps them in snuggly. Motorola also makes a headphone with bluetooth. That doesn't move at all, but I always forget to charge it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I have Sennheiser athletic ones too and they are great. Mine may be a different model but they come with three different size ear buds and one ear piece wire is longer so I put it behind my neck and put the clip on my sports bra. It stays put for spinning, running, pretty much everything!
  • nero82
    nero82 Posts: 27
    Options
    My shure 215 are pretty good. Basically the things that will stop cable noise are phones which go back over the ear, fabric wrapped cable, and foam earbuds. I suppose a clip could help too, but I find a good pair of buds with foam tips rather than sillicone are a godsend.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I use these:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11035989

Not the greatest sound quality I've ever experienced but I toss them into and drag them out of my gym bag and they're pretty tough. I used to go crazy constantly adjusting my in-ear headphones.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I got somenoisereduction earbuds from the dollar store of all places. They are the ones that have the little rubber cone around them that shuts noise out of your ear. Washed and dried them, and they still work... I better grab another pair next time I am there :smile:
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    Yur Buds! You sorta give them a quarter twist in and they stick like glue. Love them!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just have the issue that whenever I run, the R earbud always falls out. is one of my ears bigger than the other? geez.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Hm, I use the skull candy earphones and I just wrap the excess wire around my arm or iPod, and that usually does the trick.

Avid Runner :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

They make earbuds that have a piece that goes around the outside of the ear, and It think that would help with the bouncing noise, but I haven't tried it yet.... Good Luck!

this ^

I saw somebody running with those on and thought what a good idea!

Anybody know where you can buy those earbud thingies?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    My seinheisers or whatnot came with a clippy.
    my ars technica have like a 1.5 ft food...so it's not long enough to be a pain.

and, i just put up with it =/
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I have the kind that go around the outside of the ear and love them. The ones I got were pretty cheap at Walmart too, think I paid less than 10 dollars for them.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I hold my extra cord in my hand, I tried tucking it in places, but it got pulled and tight.

I may have to look into some of these other ones though.
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    Headphones drive me insane - I've been trying to combat it by wearing a stretch headband over my ears while I'm running, to keep my in-ear headphones in place, but the noise still gets to me. I just bought a pair of Halo headphones online and I can't wait for them to arrive because they look like they might be the solution to my problem. http://www.haloheadphones.com/
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Yurbuds. Another nice thing about them (the first being that they actually stay in your ears) is that the rubber piece that physically goes in your ear helps channel the sound. I can listen to my iPod with my Yurbuds at a much lower volume than I could with my Skull Candy earbuds. Which is good, because then I can hear cars and other runners and the bikers who bike on the sidewalk instead of in the bike lanes :angry:

And, if you don't jump all the way up for the Iron Man series, they won't break your bank like some of the other ones out there.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a shuffle that I clip to my hat, and shortened the cord to my head phones. Love it.