Man Boobs

Options
I have lost over 110lbs in the past year. I am getting great muscle definition in my arms, shoulders, back and legs. My stomach is naturally lagging behind, as that is where I carried most of my weight, and that is still where the excess weight is. But my abs are starting to get tight, as is the upper part of my chest, but I have these pesky man boobs. A little too much wiggle and jiggle for my liking.

I've been doing flys, push-ups and modified exercises to try to tame them, but they will not tighten! Any suggestions. (Note: If you're funny I wll laugh but this is a serious question. Note: Note: They aren't huge, just a little flabby and pool season is coming up).

Replies

• Addison559
    Options
    Give Arnold's body building book a read, he talks a lot about exercising muscles from different directions to aid in the growth of certain areas.

I lift for performance so I wouldn't know how to do what you want, but that is where the information is at.
  • gladpants
    gladpants Posts: 26
    Options
    bump

These things cause me the most embarrassment. when i lost a bunch of weight in high schoool i still had them and they drive me insane. Even though i only weighed 200 lbs at 6'2 i didn't want to take my shirt off or have fun at the beach. Now im back up to 330 and on a new life change.

Any of you personal trainer super in shape awesome people care to shed any light on the subject. It would be much appreciated.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    All you can do is lose more fat. Each individual has their last spots of fat storage. Those may be yours. No particular exercise will make it go away, just losing more fat.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    All you can do is lose more fat. Each individual has their last spots of fat storage. Those may be yours. No particular exercise will make it go away, just losing more fat.

Exactly. If you end up at a goal weight/low bodyfat and still have saggy moobs then at that point you might consider building up some pecs to help augment them. Heavy bench press would probably help slightly but it can only do so much.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy that had to have a breast reduction for that SAME reason. He was incredibly fit and still had flabby hooties.
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you had them in high school( I did and still do and have researched the hell out of it so I KNOW your pain) you'll probably need surgery. It's not just lypo of the fat but more than likely you have breast tissue that will need to be cut out. They're similar to what a women will have. You can do a million push ups a day and they'll never go away entirely.