exercise for legs ???????????????

Options
I am wondering if any one could recommend some good leg exercises. I carry most of my weight in my lower body, I do lunges and squats is there any other out there that I could try. As well I would like to tone my calfs any suggestions would be great, should I use free weights when doing theses exercises or just use my body weight

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    If you have a stepper...or a stair...or any elevated surface...you can do calf raises.
    Hiking would be good too =)
  • shawnadwyer
    shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you have a stepper...or a stair...or any elevated surface...you can do calf raises.
    Hiking would be good too =)

ill be sure to give it a try
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    are you doing side lunges?

you could also try vertical jumps, globe jumps, suicide drills, mountain climbers (also good for the core), high knees, butt kicks. Belt squat kicks.

just to name a few.
  • tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    Squats are the best. Do with as much weight as possible.
  • gaet0011
    gaet0011 Posts: 20
    Options
    You already do squats....try jump squats! Squats are my favorite exercise because they work so many different muscle groups especially if you use a barbell. Jump squats are much easier to break your form so make sure to really be careful to do them with proper posture and you don't lose control of your knees. It's gonna hurt in the morning but it'll be worth it!
  • kymme16
    kymme16 Posts: 15
    Options
    stairs r great every where u can do stairs
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Leg day is my favorite day. :D I split it up into hamstring day and a quad day but here are some of the exercises I'll incorporate into leg days.

Stiff leg deadlifts
    barbell squats
    front squats
    plie squats
    barbell walking lunges
    glute bridges (I usually stack the weight plates on me but most people use a barbell.)
    seated leg curls
    leg extentions
    glute kickback
    Seated leg press

For calves: I usually use the smith machine and put a small step under it to put the front of my feet and do barbell calf raises. I also do calf presses on the leg press machine and the seated calf press.

Weights is definitely best but if your a begginer, starting off with body weight for the first few times could help especially in making sure you have the form down right before using heavy weight. You can find videos of proper technique for all the exercises on youtube or bodybuilding.com.
  • shawnadwyer
    shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Leg day is my favorite day. :D I split it up into hamstring day and a quad day but here are some of the exercises I'll incorporate into leg days.

Stiff leg deadlifts
    barbell squats
    front squats
    plie squats
    barbell walking lunges
    glute bridges (I usually stack the weight plates on me but most people use a barbell.)
    seated leg curls
    leg extentions
    glute kickback
    Seated leg press

For calves: I usually use the smith machine and put a small step under it to put the front of my feet and do barbell calf raises. I also do calf presses on the leg press machine and the seated calf press.

Weights is definitely best but if your a begginer, starting off with body weight for the first few times could help especially in making sure you have the form down right before using heavy weight. You can find videos of proper technique for all the exercises on youtube or bodybuilding.com.

I can so see myself doing these thanks a lot
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Stiff leg deadlifts
    barbell squats
    front squats
    plie squats
    barbell walking lunges
    seated leg curls
    leg extentions
    glute kickback
    Seated leg press

I can so see myself doing these thanks a lot

No problem. :) Good luck! I started seeing my legs finally taking shape after adding in the stiff leg deadlifts.