My 600 Lb. Life: Where Are They Now?

Options
Anyone else watching this tonight? I can't wait!

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am i am!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it. i watched the entire series, and I was struck how the surgery wasn't the magic pill they all thought it would be. They still struggle, and many WLS surgery patients gain it back. It's amazing how much influence your brain can have over things like this.

I hope to hear that they've all found health and happiness, but I have to say I have my doubts.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it. i watched the entire series, and I was struck how the surgery wasn't the magic pill they all thought it would be. They still struggle, and many WLS surgery patients gain it back. It's amazing how much influence your brain can have over things like this.

I hope to hear that they've all found health and happiness, but I have to say I have my doubts.

I agree! I can't believe how they gained significant amounts of weight back even after such a long and painful process and achieving so much weight loss so quickly. it definitely made me re-commit to losing the weight without surgery. I know some people have lasting success with it, but I know I won't be one of those people until I mentally beat my food addiction.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I agree! I can't believe how they gained significant amounts of weight back even after such a long and painful process and achieving so much weight loss so quickly. it definitely made me re-commit to losing the weight without surgery. I know some people have lasting success with it, but I know I won't be one of those people until I mentally beat my food addiction.

Thanks for posting, I didn't even know they were doing an update! i am going to see if its on now. This is one reason I am opposed to surgery...if you are perfectly capable of losing the weight on your own and have to actually put the work in you will most likely keep it off in the long run because you have to work for it. I know there are cases when it's necessary or a last resort option so I'm not opposed 100%....just think the hard work is more rewarding in my case :)