Success on HCG Diet??!!

Options
I was wondering.....
Have any of you gone on the HCG Diet?
If so, Were you successful?
if successful:
Which did you do; Drops, Pills or injections?
How long Did it take you?
Could you please post before and afters?
My good friend did the drops w/ a diet coach and she lost 40lbs in about 30-35 days. and has been maintaining it. my mother's friend is also doing it and has lost several pounds in the last few weeks. but im still a sceptic....
thank you for your help!

Replies

• kmayfiel
    kmayfiel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the injections last year for 20 days and lost 25lbs -- then gained it all back and then some. Any diet that says "not to exercise" is basically starvation, I would not recommend it if you want to keep if off for good.
  • chairperson
    Options
    I'm really curious about people's experience with this too. I didn't ask for any sort of chemical solution from my doctor when I went in for a physical, but when I told her about my weight loss, she offered that. I turned her down and have been making steady, healthy progress on my own..but I'm a little curious.
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did it and he lost 40 pounds in 30 days and has kept it off so far (only 2 months) he did the drops. In a moment of weakness I told him I wanted to try it but since I increased my calories my weight is dropping again.

So I've got the drops and juice but am putting it off for now.
    Theresa
  • Randins2006
    Options
    I have a friend who did it and he lost 40 pounds in 30 days and has kept it off so far (only 2 months) he did the drops. In a moment of weakness I told him I wanted to try it but since I increased my calories my weight is dropping again.

So I've got the drops and juice but am putting it off for now.
    Theresa
    I did the injections last year for 20 days and lost 25lbs -- then gained it all back and then some. Any diet that says "not to exercise" is basically starvation, I would not recommend it if you want to keep if off for good.
    I'm really curious about people's experience with this too. I didn't ask for any sort of chemical solution from my doctor when I went in for a physical, but when I told her about my weight loss, she offered that. I turned her down and have been making steady, healthy progress on my own..but I'm a little curious.

Thank you. Because i have been doing the drops (you can buy at walmart). but i havent dropped my cals down to 500. i figure that is very unhealthy. i dropped my cals to 900 and i exersice everyday. my 1st 30days i lost 16lbs but then i took the break phase (no drops) and gained 4 back. now im starting my 2nd 30days.

i am skeptic because only lost 16lbs, so was it just because i dropped cals and started exersize? but it made me wonder if the drops did truly work because once i stopped the drops i gained weight. ,idk. i guess ill keep at it and see. thank goodness the drops r only $20, so its not tht big of a waste of money if they dont truly work.
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few weeks and dropped weight, but gained it back once I stopped. I just don't think it is healthy. If you drop your calories to 500 (or even 900) a day, then you will most likely lose weight with or without drops. At least initially. But it is not realistic and it is not something you could sustain for the rest of your life. There are no quick fixes. The best way to get results is to realize this is a life style change and something you will be doing the rest of your life. Otherwise you will gain weight when your "diet" ends. I'm sure there are many people who have had success with it, but I would choose a healthier and more maintainable route.
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both did the HCG diet and did well, but quit because we both felt weak and couldn't work out. And I ended up getting pregnant while on it.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    um . . . success and HCG are mutually exclusive.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts, groups, profile names, or profile bylines. Photos intended to promote or glamorize extreme thinness are also not permitted.
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    I tried it for a few weeks and dropped weight, but gained it back once I stopped. I just don't think it is healthy. If you drop your calories to 500 (or even 900) a day, then you will most likely lose weight with or without drops. At least initially. But it is not realistic and it is not something you could sustain for the rest of your life. There are no quick fixes. The best way to get results is to realize this is a life style change and something you will be doing the rest of your life. Otherwise you will gain weight when your "diet" ends. I'm sure there are many people who have had success with it, but I would choose a healthier and more maintainable route.

^^This..I havent personally tried it, but I've heard horror stories...
  • Cheri7477
    Cheri7477 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have HCG twice the first time on the drops and the second time the injections. It does work and if you follow the plan then you won't gain all the weight back. That being said it is now a diet for the weak (Yes I am weak, very). IF you mess up it is not very forgiving because one day can cost your 2 or 3 days of weight loss. My first round of HCG I lost 15 pounds in 31 days. The second round I lost 8 pounds in about 2 1/2 weeks. Some people lose more but like I said it very strict and there were days that I would throw the towel in. My advice is to read, read, and understand what the diet is and how it works.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i am skeptic because only lost 16lbs, so was it just because i dropped cals and started exersize? but it made me wonder if the drops did truly work because once i stopped the drops i gained weight. ,idk. i guess ill keep at it and see. thank goodness the drops r only $20, so its not tht big of a waste of money if they dont truly work.

The drops don't do jack ****.. It's the restriction in calories that do it. Anyone can lose weight on a 500 or 900 calorie diet.. they just sell you the drops to make money.

BTW, like someone else said, MFP does not support this diet and this thread will prob. be locked shortly.

Count calories, exercise, lose weight.. it's that simple.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ibtl00183f.jpg
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    ibtl00183f.jpg

"Mommy!... kitty broke" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If I had a doctor suggest HCG I would fire them.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If I had a doctor suggest HCG I would fire them.

^ This!
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really beleive it's a crock. Dr. Oz researched this, and he strongly advises agaist this diet (and I really don't even care for him) but he did the research that we all were wondering. ANYONE can lose weight on 500 calories today. They did a placebo where some were taking HCG injections and others were injected with saline. Both groups lost weight on the 500 cal diet. And as others said, I amsure once you stop you will gain
  • Randins2006
    Options
    well ike i said I AM NOT dropping to 500 cals/ day. I KNOW IT IS UNHEATHY. and IF ANY OF YOU HAD READ MY BLOG OR PAGE OR ANYTHING, you would see all mylife i had struggled EVEN WITH DIET AND EXERSIZE. so I AM DESPERATE AND LOOKING FOR HELP. with all the diet plans/lifestyle changes i have tried I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO KEEP LOSING WEIGHT. I PLATEU. my doc s say I HAV NO HEALTH ISSUES SO THEY DON'T KNOW THE PROBLEM. so like i said I AM DESPERATE, I HAVING BEEN TRYING, AM TRYING AND WILL TRY EVERYTHING.
    I WORK OUT 3hrs+ a day on my eliptical and zumba, andalong with it, i have done every diet and pill under the sun.
    SO DONT TELL ME JUST DIET AND EXERSIZE.
    CUZ LIKE I SAID, IVE BEEN DOING IT ALL MY LIFE.
    I WAS JUST ASKING IF THIS NEW THING IM TRYING WORKS
  • Randins2006
    Options
    um . . . success and HCG are mutually exclusive. BTW, HCG is about INGESTING URINE. you know that, right? ewwww.

THAT is a myth, did you know that?!
    i don't know where you live, but here in america, there are such things as NUTRITION labels and they are required to state what is in what you are consuming. idk where you get ur hcg drops, but mine, here in america, from walmart lists no urine
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just drink pregnant lady's pee. It's tasty...

I lost 17lbs in a week on this diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!