Measurement questions?

Options
I have lost 12.85 inches total body since I started measuring on January 15, 2012. For the first time in almost 3 years my waist is smaller than 33.5. I am at 33 inches! yay! In March 2009 my waist measured in at 33.5 inches and my hips measured in at 44. My hips measure in right now at 45.5, so I am 1.5 inches away from that total. Only thing I don't get is when I measured in at that I weighed 180 some pounds I am still over 200 lbs and measuring in almost in the same size I was at 180 lbs? any thoughts anyone? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• silverburk
    Options
    Bump
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine it's due to the composition of fat and muscle. Good luck!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I agree with kit_katty. Muscle is denser than fat, so a pound of muscle is physically smaller than a pound of fat. Think of hamburger versus bread. A quarter pound hamburger is much smaller than a quarter pound of bread. You're losing the right way!
  • silverburk
    Options
    I'm sorry I took so long to respond to this. I didn't realize there were answers. I am now about 14 inches away from my total goal. I want to be a 36 26 36, if possible. Right now I am 37 31 43 and I am working on getting that lower. I've hit a low patch, where i am tired all the time, but its all part of cycling when you are bi polar. another week or so and I'll be right back there with excess energy. :)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I want to be a 36 26 36,

I want to be a Brick House- 36- 24- 36!

She knows she got everything
    a woman needs to get a man, yeah.
    How can she use, the things she use
    36-24-36, what a winning hand!