Need food idea after dentist

Options
Hi all

The dentist pulled one of my wisdom teeth today. I finally have feeling back in my face and I am hungry. I was told that I can only eat soft foods and nothing hotter than room temperature. I have to go back tomorrow to get the last one removed, so tomorrow I am on the same special diet.

I already drank my lunch. I love carnation instant breakfast drinks, but I can't live off just that. Any suggestions for soft foods. I am not a fan of applesauce or yogurt. I also don't care for berries, so the fruit smoothies I make for my girls don't work for me. Maybe I should stop being a picky eater. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Make a veggie smoothie instead. Use spinach and carrots, toss in a tomato and add protien powder.

Baby food is actually quite good- don't get the meat kinds they're not so good. The vegetables are quite good and the fruit isn't too shabby either.

Another option is to drink boost extra protien shakes. You're going to have the hardest time getting protien because most protien is harder to chew. Grab some protien powder and go to town.

Dont foget to take some extra Zinc to help you heal. I hope you heal soon and well. :drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I lived on milkshakes and lost weight :bigsmile:

What about oatmeal or some kind of porridge? I couldn't chew anything at all for a few days...
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Greek yogurt, with fruit! blender it, sweeten with honey!

you can also do it with veges and garlic! 20 grams protein to one cup very filling, no hunger!

Blender everything!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    mashed veggies?

spinach and potato
    potato and carrots
    skinny mash [using cauliflower instead of potato]
    any root veg really

any steamed veg will be fairly soft, broccoli, cauliflower etc

soup

i had all 4 of mine pulled at once, and i was pretty much able to start eating normal but slow the next evening :smile:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was thinking room temp. soup as well. They should have done it all at once so you only have to deal with it one time!
  • nidjam2
    nidjam2 Posts: 16
    Options
    Shakes are really good or mashed foods. Main thing you need to watch for is to not get any suction. Avoid using a straw as you can get a dry socket(very painful) Good luck tomarrow
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat is good you can let it cool to room temp and add a little slash of skim milk
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    puree .......
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie: silken tofu, frozen mangos, banana, a little juice, soy protein powder, wheatgerm...blender... delicious (you don't taste the tofu, but you get all of it's benefits).
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Straight up carrot juice is pretty filling and very healing to disturbed tissues.

Carrot-Apple-Ginger is a tasty juice combo.

Brown rice cooked cereal. It can be prepared sweet: w/honey, a little milk, berries.
    Or savory: w/butter, green onions, steamed veggies & Bragg's (healthy version of soy sauce).

Good luck to you! Not much fun! :grumble:
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is such a helpful post. :happy: I'm getting my teeth pulled later this week.:cry: Anyone have anything else to add to keep it current?
  • tiffbenn23
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, any kind of baby food, cauliflour puree w/ cheese,
  • jw17695
    Options
    I'm a preschool teacher but I still can't imagine eating the same foods I feed my infants. Is it really tolerable?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    How about scrambled eggs?
  • jw17695
    Options
    mmm. I :love: eggs.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with bananas, yum! Soup is good too