LOSING WEIGHT WITH LUPUS

Options
IT'S VERY HARD ON ME. WHEN MY LUPUS FLARE UP I'M ON PREDINISONE. I HOPE IT'S SOMEONE OUT THERE LIKE ME TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH A HEALTH PROBLEM.

Replies

• nataliecarter2
    nataliecarter2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Lupus 9 years ago, and recently I have had several flare ups. I have been on prednisone for 9 years; it does suck. It makes it harder to lose weight, and we have to put forth the extra effort no matter how we feel. I am blessed though that I am able to be so active. I teach high school and I also teach Zumba 3 nights a week. I have to start a new treatment in April, hopefully it gets me off of the prednisone. Best of luck .....stay positive.
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just letting you know that I just created a group on here called "Living and Losing with Lupus". Please join so we can get a support system going!
  • KFOSTER1965
    KFOSTER1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with lupus and am currently still trying to find a drug that will manage my symptoms. I am very leary of Prednisone and have refused to take it so far......hope there is something else out there that does not have such awful side effects. I know I need to remain active for weight loss and over all health but it is difficult.
  • KFOSTER1965
    KFOSTER1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with lupus and am currently still trying to find a drug that will manage my symptoms. I am very leary of Prednisone and have refused to take it so far......hope there is something else out there that does not have such awful side effects. I know I need to remain active for weight loss and over all health but it is difficult.