I weight 227lbs, can lose 32lbs by 1st June

Options
I weight 227lbs, I am a woman, can lose 32lbs by 1st June, I been execising at least 2 hrs a day. I am eating about 1380 calories and drinking 3litres of water. Should I increase my length execrise? What can I do to hit this goal. I need all your help. I know there are some experts on here. So I welcome your advice and help Thank you

Replies

• Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you can work out 2 hrs a day that is something, I think 30-60 mins a day for 5 days a week and eating a balanced meal, you could do it. Just realize it is going to take time to get it off and keep it off. You can loose the weight you need by June. I'm happy to see you back.:happy:
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it...i started at 243 lbs. In jan. Changed my eating habits on the 18th and joined the gym I'm mid. Feb. And have lost 26 lbs. So far. I also workout 2 hrs. A day 5 days a week. 1 hr. Cardio and 1 hr. Of weights alternating arms and legs every other day. You can check out my food diary if you'd like some ideas for meals...but it's alot of lean cuisines and stuff like that...it's just easier for me to keep up with portions like that...i do add parmesan cheese to most of my meals to make them tasye better and it's only 20 calories. Good luck...add me if you'd like.
  • daniellewesche
    Options
    If you eat 700 cals a day you can loose that much easy! I am eating pretty much only protein a few carbs from veggys and Im down 30lbs since feb 14th....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I weight 227lbs, I am a woman, can lose 32lbs by 1st June, I been execising at least 2 hrs a day. I am eating about 1380 calories and drinking 3litres of water. Should I increase my length execrise? What can I do to hit this goal. I need all your help. I know there are some experts on here. So I welcome your advice and help Thank you

make sure you're eating those exercise calories back . . .

Here's an old post of mine from similar topic:

OK. I'm gonna give this a shot. I am an avid lifelong athlete. I have never been overweight, however, I used to eat too few calories (without knowing it), and a couple years ago, I actually GAINED weight bc of having slowed my metabolism to the point that every little extra treat I ate caused a weight gain, even though overall my calories were too low. THIS DOES HAPPEN.

It is also the reason so many fat people stay fat. They restrict their calories so low, slow their metabolisms, binge (even a little), gain weight, restrict more . . . . and so on and so on. But they are still fat.

It is also the reason most people can't lose that last 10-20 lbs. For real.

1. MFP has a deficit built in. Let's say you're trying to lose 1 lb/ week. That is a 500/day deficit from your BMR (the amount of calories your body needs to complete basic functions.

2. You exercise and burn 500 calories. Now you are at a 1000 deficit. If you eat back those 500 exercise calories, you refuel your body and you still have a 500 deficit for that 1 lb loss. If you DON'T eat back those calories, you have too little fuel. This is bad. This is too much of a deficit for basic functions. If you do this for a long time, you will STOP LOSING WEIGHT. Why? bc your metabolism will slow down -- it's like a brownout--not quite enough electricity to make the whole city (your body) run, so it has to slow down some things. You will probably start being tired a lot, your skin and hair might start to look worse, and you might even gain weight. But you might NOT be hungry -- your body is getting used to fewer calories. That's bad.

That's when you start to gain weight. Let's say you're running along, eating 1200 calories a day, and exercising 400 calories a day, so net is 800. You're losing, you think this is great. You keep doing it, but after a while you stop losing. hmmmmm. One weekend you go out to a special event and have a slice of pizza and a beer. 1 slice of pizza and 1 beer. So you ate maybe 2000 calories that day and exercised off 400, so net 1600. BOOM! You gain 3 lbs! What?!

Next, you freak out and restrict yourself down to 1000 calories a day and work out extra hard, burning 500 calories. Great, netting 500 now. You don't lose any weight, but you sure feel tired. Better get some red bull.

Are you getting the picture?

EDIT: When you work out, you need fuel. Food is fuel. If you don't eat back those exercise calories, you will not only have a big calorie deficit, you will have an ENERGY deficit. Remember, the calorie deficit for weight loss is built in when you use MFP. Exercising basically earns you more calories because you must refuel.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    If you eat 700 cals a day you can loose that much easy! I am eating pretty much only protein a few carbs from veggys and Im down 30lbs since feb 14th....

BEWARE. This is horrible advice. Coincidentally, there's a popular article about eating 700 calories a day, and how it's guaranteed to KEEP YOU FAT and never get you to your goal:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/238282-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing-redux?hl=700+calories
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Did you mean to say 1700 calories a day? Because surely you wouldn't be suggesting anyone eat only 700 calories a day...minimum requirements are 1200.

But yes, you can absolutely lose that weight by June, and you can do it the right way, by making good food choices and working out! Just be sure you do something that is sustainable...you want to lose it and KEEP it off!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You may have short-term success in dumping some pounds, but it won't be healthy, I promise - unless you made a typographic error and meant to say 1700. We are currently trying to repair a damaged metabolism because so-called experts put one of us on a 500 calorie per day diet. Completely depressed the metabolism;

It's so hard to work your way back from that;.. I'm sure you couldn't have meant to say 700 calories a day... right?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is the high side of healthy weight loss (and that's only if you have alot to lose)....so if it is 9 weeks from now, you should probably only lose 18 lbs safely.

Real weight loss is a lifestyle change, it's not something you do for a particular event.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Did you mean to say 1700 calories a day? Because surely you wouldn't be suggesting anyone eat only 700 calories a day...minimum requirements are 1200.

But yes, you can absolutely lose that weight by June, and you can do it the right way, by making good food choices and working out! Just be sure you do something that is sustainable...you want to lose it and KEEP it off!

I think (AND HOPE) she meant 1700! Thats terrible advice if she meant 700!
  • cdnider
    cdnider Posts: 7
    Options
    You have to be careful because your body will sometime think you are straving and will hold onto all the energy it can. If you are working out with weights that will help you burn more calories too. Becuause the musel needs more energy and it will keep burning it and you will lose fat faster and keep it off.:smile:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but I really don't think your goal is attainable in a healthy manner.

I would shift your goal to say ... 17 lbs (still a nice round number, 210 is okay, that's just under 2 lbs/week) and pick a later date for the -32 lbs.
  • cdnider
    cdnider Posts: 7
    Options
    I total agree becuse as soon as you start eating again you will start to gain that wait back. Don't go under 1200 calories because that is what your body needs just to function threw out the day
  • Randins2006
    Options
    oh i o believe you most deffinately would!!!!!! june 1st is more than 60days away, that means you will only have to lose like .5lbs a day. you got this! :))
  • Randins2006
    Options
    oh i o believe you most deffinately would!!!!!! june 1st is more than 60days away, that means you will only have to lose like .5lbs a day. you got this! :))
    (i know, i am quoting myself)lol
    but all weightloss is, is just a math formula and sticking to the formula. you take how many days you want to lose your weight by (65days) (to be down by june 1st).
    divide how much weight you plan on losing in tht time (32lbs)
    so so far:

31lbs / 65days= .5lbs/day

and there are 3,500 cals in 1lb of fat.
    OR 1,750 cals in .5lbs

so that means YOU only need to burn 1,750 cals. a day

a human burns between 1,800- 2,000 cals (depending on their weight,age and sex: [you can look yours up online]) a day JUST by having normal bodily functions(thinking,breathing, ect) for now, we will put u at the lower end (1,800 cals)
    So just by doing NOTHING you already are burning off more then what you NEED to for your goal....BUT you have to eat right?!

So you can either:
    A) Eat the 1,800 Cals your body Naturally burns and then exersize off 1,750 cals a day.

B)Eat less Cals (Lets say 1,300). then, let you body naturally burn off the extra 500 cals (from the 1,800). then exersice only 1,250 cals off per day.

c)or drop the cal intake even lower (1,000 cals/day) . let ur body burn off the extra 800 cals(from the 1,800). then exersize only 950 cals off/day
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi Guys, Thanks for your comments, I want to shock my system for 9 weeks because i want to be fit and slimmer for my birthday. Then i will be happy to start losing 1-2 lbs per week. I been eating three meals a day such as fish and vegtable i have cut out fizzydrinks /soda.
  • cblackc
    cblackc Posts: 12 Member
    Options

make sure you're eating those exercise calories back . . .

Here's an old post of mine from similar topic:

OK. I'm gonna give this a shot. I am an avid lifelong athlete. I have never been overweight, however, I used to eat too few calories (without knowing it), and a couple years ago, I actually GAINED weight bc of having slowed my metabolism to the point that every little extra treat I ate caused a weight gain, even though overall my calories were too low. THIS DOES HAPPEN.

It is also the reason so many fat people stay fat. They restrict their calories so low, slow their metabolisms, binge (even a little), gain weight, restrict more . . . . and so on and so on. But they are still fat.

It is also the reason most people can't lose that last 10-20 lbs. For real.

1. MFP has a deficit built in. Let's say you're trying to lose 1 lb/ week. That is a 500/day deficit from your BMR (the amount of calories your body needs to complete basic functions.

2. You exercise and burn 500 calories. Now you are at a 1000 deficit. If you eat back those 500 exercise calories, you refuel your body and you still have a 500 deficit for that 1 lb loss. If you DON'T eat back those calories, you have too little fuel. This is bad. This is too much of a deficit for basic functions. If you do this for a long time, you will STOP LOSING WEIGHT. Why? bc your metabolism will slow down -- it's like a brownout--not quite enough electricity to make the whole city (your body) run, so it has to slow down some things. You will probably start being tired a lot, your skin and hair might start to look worse, and you might even gain weight. But you might NOT be hungry -- your body is getting used to fewer calories. That's bad.

That's when you start to gain weight. Let's say you're running along, eating 1200 calories a day, and exercising 400 calories a day, so net is 800. You're losing, you think this is great. You keep doing it, but after a while you stop losing. hmmmmm. One weekend you go out to a special event and have a slice of pizza and a beer. 1 slice of pizza and 1 beer. So you ate maybe 2000 calories that day and exercised off 400, so net 1600. BOOM! You gain 3 lbs! What?!

Next, you freak out and restrict yourself down to 1000 calories a day and work out extra hard, burning 500 calories. Great, netting 500 now. You don't lose any weight, but you sure feel tired. Better get some red bull.

Are you getting the picture?

EDIT: When you work out, you need fuel. Food is fuel. If you don't eat back those exercise calories, you will not only have a big calorie deficit, you will have an ENERGY deficit. Remember, the calorie deficit for weight loss is built in when you use MFP. Exercising basically earns you more calories because you must refuel.

I love this post.... Thanks so much
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    but all weightloss is, is just a math formula and sticking to the formula. you take how many days you want to lose your weight by (65days) (to be down by june 1st).
    so so far:

OR 1,750 cals in .5lbs

a human burns between 1,800- 2,000 cals (depending on their weight,age and sex: [you can look yours up online]) a day JUST by having normal bodily functions(thinking,breathing, ect) for now, we will put u at the lower end (1,800 cals)
    So just by doing NOTHING you already are burning off more then what you NEED to for your goal....BUT you have to eat right?!

So you can either:
    A) Eat the 1,800 Cals your body Naturally burns and then exersize off 1,750 cals a day.

B)Eat less Cals (Lets say 1,300). then, let you body naturally burn off the extra 500 cals (from the 1,800). then exersice only 1,250 cals off per day.

c)or drop the cal intake even lower (1,000 cals/day) . let ur body burn off the extra 800 cals(from the 1,800). then exersize only 950 cals off/day

OP, take note of the source. This is horrible advice and will never get you to goal. She is nowhere near goal, nor will she be with this sort of plan.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    so so far:

OR 1,750 cals in .5lbs

So you can either:

This is a horribly bad idea. Leaving your body 50 calories/day to run on? Seriously?
  • 5050jnernst
    Options
    It is not always about the length of time exercising, but the intensity level. A good intense workout with cardio moves combined with strength/weight training where your heart rate is in the zone for 45 to 60 minutes can be very effective. Again the key is intensity level! My trainer has designed workouts for me that are very intense and burn alot of calories!