Average measurements?

Options
So I finally measured myself and at 5'3" I am a 38-32-41
I decided to go looking for if there was a compiled study of any sort on what "average" would be.
http://www.dietbites.com/size-average-woman.html
Now If I were about average height which from what I remember is 5'5" then Id be set! :laugh:

Any thoughts on this little finding?

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    interesting how hispanic woman have higher measurements. I wonder if this is a natural occurrence (as in genetic pre-disposition) or is a life-style thing?

so the first number is chest, the second number is waist, so what's the third number mean?

edit: hips duh:laugh:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm so confused with measurements. When I measure my waist I get like 26. But I'm a size 4. A size 8's measurements according to this site has a waist of 27? I'm relatively small, and I do have some pudge in my tummy area but maybe I'm measuring wrong?

What point are you supposed to measure your waist to get the ratio numbers?
  • hopingforhealthy
    Options
    I think it's more to do with bone structure than height, and thus there isn't really an average.
    What's normal for you could be very wrong for someone else.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    i def know your bone structure plays a great deal in whats average or skinny for yourself. I have a really large frame so I expect to not get ll that small...
    thanks for all the opinions th lol
  • banji_scott
    Options
    Hey kankan....this is a little off the subject, but how'd you get your toned tummy?? Im a size 6 and still kinda have a belly, everything I do doesnt help. Or is it just good genes!!
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I'm so confused with measurements. When I measure my waist I get like 26. But I'm a size 4. A size 8's measurements according to this site has a waist of 27? I'm relatively small, and I do have some pudge in my tummy area but maybe I'm measuring wrong?

With pants you have to account for waist & hips so an average has to be used, but everyone is slightly differently shaped. My guess is that you are small in the hips. For me, as an hourglass shape, with standard cut pants, if they fit my hips they are several inches too large in the waist. So I stick with loose or relaxed fit jeans so there is less extra room in the waist. With dress pants, my favorites have buttons & a tab in the back of the waist band so I can make the waist tighter.

Also, I have a good friend whose a size zero petite & has a 25" waist. She is also very small boned.
  • kankan213
    Options
    Hey kankan....this is a little off the subject, but how'd you get your toned tummy?? Im a size 6 and still kinda have a belly, everything I do doesnt help. Or is it just good genes!!

I've got about 10lbs on top of those abs that I'm trying to work off lol. That picture was about 1 school semester ago (thanks to alcohol they are a little less defined).

But in that picture I was 123lbs and I'm 5'8" so I had very little body fat (but I have small bone structure). On top of that I never ate less than 1600 calories a day (but no more than likes 2300) and I did a complete upper body workout 30 min a day every other day plus at LEAST 30 min cardio 5 times a week. I hope that helps!!!!

Oh, and I dont think its genetic because my parents are both very apple-shaped lol.
  • banji_scott
    Options
    Ya thats my prob alchohol lol.....just need to cut that out and I'd see results waaay faster......

I eat 1200 cal a day (on the weekdays) and workout 30 min cardio 5 days/wk and every other day strength training but nothing seems to change....again i do drink on the weekends. Someone mentioned to me to do situps on the ball so I will try that. Thanks again
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Damn I realized today that I measured for my hips in the wrong place...Im actually 43" hips.
    Too bad my bf likes my butt, hips, and thighs the way they are:laugh:
  • Melissa_123
    Options

ok...where is your "pudge" cause I don't see a thing! lol
  • kankan213
    Options
    1200 cal a day with working out is not enough to build lean muscle like the ones in my stomach. I suggest eating around 1500. Also, I have gained about 15 lbs since that picture was taken so that is why you dont see the pudge. I'm working to get back to that size.
  • kankan213
    Options
    my vice is alcohol as well lol. dangit!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    im the same height as you and just about the same weight (if not the same) and im 39-29-39