What is the best way to get rid of the belly fat and attract

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
EDIT: The title was cut off, the rest of it says "and attractive love handles? (for men)"

You know, that odd ring of fat around your midsection. What are the best options for workout to do? What foods should I avoid? I've been doing alot of crunches and abdomen strengthinging, and I actually feel some muscle under my flab..

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing it already! More exercise all over will help reduce body fat, and that will reduce belly fat too.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing it already! More exercise all over will help reduce body fat, and that will reduce belly fat too.

do certain foods add to that belly fat?
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Not exactly but fat does not come of specific places on the body, a general calorie deficit will make you lose body fat then it should start to go away.
  • PrincessTatertot
    PrincessTatertot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Abs start in the kitchen. Eat clean with lean protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains and steer clear of processed foods.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Abs start in the kitchen. Eat clean with lean protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains and steer clear of processed foods.

^ THIS
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce. Eat well, exercise, and be patient.

Also, strength training rocks.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options

Watch your sugar intake. Sugar is one of the number 1 contributors to belly fat. My general rule of thumb is <5g per meal and <35g per day. I'm not sure if that varies for men vs women - but I'm sure the concept is the same. The less sugar the better.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

You don't have to eat clean... As long as you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose the fat.

To OP:
    Eat at a deficit, lift weights, and wait... thats all you really can do.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It just takes time and hard work man. Make sure you are doing cardio a few times a week and as well as some strength training a few times a week too. That belly fat/love handle combination is one of the last things to go and it is stubborn as hell! For exercises I would recommend squats and deadlifts. Along with planks, leg lifts, and crunches on a swiss ball maybe... Workout hard and did I mention do squats and deadlifts :laugh:
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options

You don't have to eat clean... As long as you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose the fat.

To OP:

This bugs me when I see people say this. If you're eating at a caloric deficit, but eating crappy overly processed, overly sugared/salted foods - you wont see nearly the same results as eating to maintenance with clean foods. I don't eat at a deficit whenever I can help it, but I eat 95% clean foods and have dropped ~6% body fat in about 6 months.
  • dad106
    Options

To OP:

This bugs me when I see people say this. If you're eating at a caloric deficit, but eating crappy overly processed, overly sugared/salted foods - you wont see nearly the same results as eating to maintenance with clean foods. I don't eat at a deficit whenever I can help it, but I eat 95% clean foods and have dropped ~6% body fat in about 6 months.

Well la-te-da.. Would you like a cookie?

I don't like vegetables , enjoy my white bread, processed foods, certain fruits, and desert.. Lost close to 30 pounds and starting to get a six pack.. which I don't even want! I also went from a 10 to a 4 in clothes.. which means I must be doing something right!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    What is deadlifts.
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    Go jogging and do a lot of cardio?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I eat processed foods regularly and all my health markers and my body composition have made remarkable changes in the past year because I'm eating the appropriate number of calories, I'm getting sufficient micro and macronutrient intake, and I'm training hard.

Calories --- > Bodyweight
    Macronutrients --> Body composition
    Micronutrients ---> Health

Basically.

Now, if you eat ALL junk food, you might have a hard time hitting your targets, but the inclusion of junk food to a diet that incorporates enough whole foods to meet sufficiency, is perfectly fine and will yield great results.
  • dad106
    Options

I eat processed foods regularly and all my health markers and my body composition have made remarkable changes in the past year because I'm eating the appropriate number of calories, I'm getting sufficient micro and macronutrient intake, and I'm training hard.

Calories --- > Bodyweight
    Macronutrients --> Body composition
    Micronutrients ---> Health

Basically.

Now, if you eat ALL junk food, you might have a hard time hitting your targets, but the inclusion of junk food to a diet that incorporates enough whole foods to meet sufficiency, is perfectly fine and will yield great results.

I was waiting for you to pop in here.. Thank you for backing me up.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The idea is to reduce body fat. That could means different things to different people, as you can see by the comments in the thread. You just hve to find what works for you.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Watch your sugar intake. Sugar is one of the number 1 contributors to belly fat. My general rule of thumb is <5g per meal and <35g per day. I'm not sure if that varies for men vs women - but I'm sure the concept is the same. The less sugar the better.
    My 26" waist (on a large build 5'10" frame) begs to differ with this.

I had 82 grams of sugar today but am often 100 or even higher. Of course, it's mostly from fruit, but still...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    You can add me to that group. Down to 118 pounds now and am getting very lean.
    I ate a whole box of sugary oatmeal today :D
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Go jogging and do a lot of cardio?

Not quite ^^ That is a good way to burn a muscle though. Weight Lifting = win :D