Sick of the 30DS!

Options
I'm sorry, I know that the 30 day shred is a good workout and has a ton of benefits, but I can only take so much of Jillian!! So, while browsing for new material to work with I ran across Crunch Bootcamp on the Netflix instant stream and I LOVE it!! It is the same concept as the 30DS, but keeps you moving more and isn't filled with a bunch of jumping jacks and jumpropes.....

The trainer incorporates more squats and had the weights going a good 80% of the time and as soon as I thought to myself: hmmm... it sure would be nice to have more ab work, BAM she started the abs and I found myself panting! And for a more out of shape person, as I am, I liked the stretching alternatives she did at the end. Most of them were done laying down, which took away from the awkwardness of losing balance, ect.... and was easier on my back.

I don't know how many of you out there are in the same boat as I am, with needing a break from Jillian or just need a new video to workout to, if you do, I would highly recommend checking this DVD out. Does anyone else have some fun suggestion for a high impact 30 minute workout?

Replies

• queenbeejulie
    queenbeejulie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No suggestions, but I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred and I am pretty sick of Jillian too, lol! I started muting it a couple days ago once I knew the routine and playing my own music to get my through... but I was more irritated with hearing the same thing over and over again than doing the same thing over and over...

Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Super323
    Super323 Posts: 9
    Options
    Got sick of he also
  • Super323
    Super323 Posts: 9
    Options
    Her*..
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It is funny that you posted this. I am about 3/4 done with 30DS and we actually do the workout with picture in picture so we can watch something else and do the video. I was tired of the music, the talking, and seeing Natalie's under bite smile.:wink: I am looking forward to taking my "after" pics and moving to something new. I will look into your suggestion and hope to see some more.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I watched the intro to 30DS and got sick of her :laugh:

but seriously, I think I just saw too much of her in magazines and ads and her personality isn't really a match with mine. 'I don't want to thank her at the end of the 30 days! I'M the one who did the workout! :laugh: '
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv

preach it!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like and use a lot of the Crunch videos on netflix.... the ab attack one was one of my very first loves on this journey. I did it again earlier today, after not doing it for something like four months, and even with being in better shape, I still felt it!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv

^^^ this.

But...only if you're "sick" of Julian. Which means you have a decent level of fitness. Because some of the workouts from bodyrock are ridiculously complicated. Its my only complaint. BUT, there are a million workouts, and they are all free. So its a small complaint, all in all.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    No suggestions, but I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred and I am pretty sick of Jillian too, lol! I started muting it a couple days ago once I knew the routine and playing my own music to get my through... but I was more irritated with hearing the same thing over and over again than doing the same thing over and over...

Thanks for the recommendation!

I do the same thing! but sometimes I can still see what shes trying to say on a couple parts. "I want you feel like your going to die". I HATE THAT! hahahaa cuz I do sometimes and I end up saying back to her "Oh shut it!" :)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I actually watch tv while I do 30 Day Shred. Lol.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I actually watch tv while I do 30 Day Shred. Lol.

That is what I posted too!! Makes it soooo much better!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I won't even attempt to do it because I seriously can not stand her.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ill have to try that one its been sitting in my instant queue for a while now, and im kind of getting bored with the shred im half way through.
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sooooo glad I wasn't the only one thinking all this!! Hahahaha! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know I know we all dislike her annoying voice, :mad: BUT she gets results! :smile:

I have lost 10.5 inches in 3 weeks (didn't measure until I was 5 days in, so it could have been more) and I also lost 12 pounds doing this DVD along with some walking and eating a well balanced, portion controlled meals not starving myself and not eating all of my exercise calories back.:noway:

Now I know, she delivers what she says on the cover of the DVD, I am just starting Ripped in 30, which is not a walk in the park, even after doing the 30 DS, Ripped is a whole new level of pain and I'm only on day 2.:sad:

If you can get past her voice, mute the tv, get your head down and give it all you got you a re going to see results.

Good luck with your weight loss, body toning adventure. :drinker:
    Alli