grrr doctors grrr nurses...the saga...

Options
Oh crap…the saga continues…. I just rang the doctors and they said one of my blood tests was fine, but I have to go and speak with the doctor about 2 test results…so now my mind is going crazy with what it could be….going tomorrow morning to find out…wish me luck eh! Ill let you all know!

xxPINK

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Well hopefully whatever it is will be something they can treat and will help you feel better. :smile:

Good luck,

Erika
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Working in the medical field, if it was something super-serious, they would have said go straight to the ER and be admitted (i.e. anemia). So hopefully it is something simple like a vitamin deficiency. With those type of things, they need to talk with you personally to figure out what type of dosage you might need to normalize things. Hope everything is A-okay for you :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Argh I wish I didnt have to wait till tommorrow morning tho - im so scared I have diabetes or something - I hadnt even considered that until I told people at work I had to go to docs to get blood test results and now 3 people have commented that it could be diabetes....hmmm maybe thats the only thing people think fat people can suffer from? :ohwell:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't easy for you. I watched my DD go through some waiting. Poor girl was so stressed. I'm praying that whatever it is it will be an easy treatment. My friend with symptoms similar to you just started on thyroid meds.
    Let us know how it goes.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that lulabellewoowoo gave some excellent advice. If it were really something to be afraid of they would have told you to go to the ER.

Take a deep breath, and stop worrying, because that will only put more stress on your body. :)

I have faith that whatever it is, it can be taken care of.

I'm praying with you. :-)
  • pinksultana
    Options
    Well as a few of you suggested it is my thyroid – im having a second blood test tomorrow for confirmation and if it is confirmed I will start meds next week. I am happy and sad about this result – happy to know why im having such a tough time with weight loss, and why im so tired all the time, but sad about the prospect of lifelong treatment for a medical condition, and also scared a little as I so want to be a mum in the next few years, and have read that women with thyroid issues have quite high risk pregnancies and fertility problem which for me is extremely upsetting…but there you have it folks…the sage is over…or has it just began??

xxPINK
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hello - Glad to hear that it is something treatable. Try not to worry too much (although I know its easier said than done). I'm sure lots of women have gone onn to have successful pregnancies with a thyroid condition. You should ask your doctor about it if it is something that really concerns you as this might affect which meds they give you.

Hopefully the meds will make you feel so much better you'll wonder why you worried!

Take care,

Erika
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have two friends that had most of their thyroids removed, both take medications to regulate and both have had at least one healthy pregnancy since. (one of them is pregnant again so it will be her second)

Get better - the rest will fall in to place when you are happier, healthier and back to a stonger you!
  • pinksultana
    Options
    Oh thanks for mentioning that Chrissy - I needed to hear that today!!

xxPINK
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Hi Pink,

Just wanted to wish you luck and to tell you about a friend of mine. She had a thryroid problem about 8-10 years ago. With medicine and chiropractic care she was able to go off of her meds after several years. She has since had 3 healthy pregnancies and has 3 wonderful and healthy children! Please try not to worry.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I am very glad to hear that it's nothing more serious than having to take medication. Face this not as a problem but as an adventure.

How can this POSSIBLY be an adventure? Well, it is a stumbling block that has been placed before you. Will you stumble and fall or will you jump right over it?

I'm betting you're going to jump!!! :-)

Begin right now to educate yourself about this condition. First Google it, and read reputable studies and web sites - throw the rest away.

Ask your Doctor questions, write them down and take the list with you. Asking here is another great resource, but remember to take all advice from non professionals - me included - with a grain of salt. (And you don't even have to add that sodium to your food diary!!)

Learn as much as you can on this adventure, and see where it takes you. You may find yourself in the same place as Ksproston's friend. Or you may find that you don't mind taking the medication for the rest of your life, in fact you might learn that you like it.

I pray that you embrace this adventure, and face it with determination. And that along this new road you find a new strength over and above anything you've ever had before. :) And I pray that once your kids come, you will face that challenge with the same courage and wisdom!

Bless you!
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had to reply when I saw your post. I have been on thyroid meds for seven years I think. I had read some about being pregnant when having thyroid problems could be a little more difficult. My ob/gyn just monitored my thyroid levels while I was pregnant. I had been pretty stable for a while so she checked my blood work at least once a trimester to make sure I was still doing good. I had a wonderful pregnancy and have a very healthy (very, very active) four year old daughter whom I adore. No worries! Tell your doc about your concerns. They will watch over you carefully. Good luck!
    Kat