Dropping body fat %

Options
emgawne
emgawne Posts: 265 Member
Ok I need some advice. I'm at 157 lbs and 21.8% body fat right now and my goal is to get to 18% body fat.
Right now I am eating about 1600 cals a day, doing daily cardio, taking body pump 3x a week and a core conditioning class 3x a week, not taking any supplements.

Question is: what is your advice to help me drop my body fat %?
Weight Lifting? Changes to my diet? Supplements? Protein? What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Moderate deficit while hitting protein goal of 1g per lb of lean body mass, lift heavy 3x per week, rest and water intake.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    yup lifting heavy.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Bump
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Moderate deficit while hitting protein goal of 1g per lb of lean body mass, lift heavy 3x per week, rest and water intake.
    ^^^ good plan
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Ok I need some advice. I'm at 157 lbs and 21.8% body fat right now and my goal is to get to 18% body fat.
    Right now I am eating about 1600 cals a day, doing daily cardio, taking body pump 3x a week and a core conditioning class 3x a week, not taking any supplements.

Question is: what is your advice to help me drop my body fat %?
    Weight Lifting? Changes to my diet? Supplements? Protein? What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Are you not losing weight already?
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am but I feel like I'm really starting to plateau and want to change things up. Really trying to change my body composition, not just be "skinny".
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Nutrition...nutrition....oh and, nutrition. Weight training and cardio is important, but your nutrition comes first. If you want to drop body fat, then you have to control the source from where it's coming from right?! One gram of protein per pound of body weight is a good measurement. Obviously, stick to lean sources of protein. A very general thought on carbs is, low carbs equals low fat. Of course, you should be consuming your fruits and veggies. Especially green, leafy veggies. Carbs should also be complex, like brown rice, oatmeal, 100% whole wheat bread, yams, sweet potato, etc. (keep in mind portion control). The veggies and complex carbs should keep you feeling full, making it easier for you to eat below your BMR. You'll also want to take in some healthy fats which help aid your cardiovascular health, which in turn benefits your workouts. Some people might say to cut out carbs completely, but that's not a good idea. You need that energy to get you through your workouts, and basically for your body to function. Simple carbs = "no bueno"!

Best of luck
    :o]
  • auditorz
    auditorz Posts: 15
    Options

Excellent response.
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    I'd say mix it up. If your body does the same thing week in and week out, it gets used to it. Our bodies are amazing at efficiency. Switch up your classes, your cardio and weight lifting. The more different it is from your norm, the better. Switch things up every couple of months.