Joyce Meyer daily devotion

Options
God Is the Only Lasting Source

As human beings we are created by God to be happy and to feel good about ourselves. As a matter of fact, we must feel good about ourselves, or eventually we will develop some sort of unhealthy, uncontrolled behavior to get the good feelings we crave.

Think about it. A person who is addicted to drugs probably began using them because his pain was so intense he felt compelled to get rid of it, even if only temporarily. The same thing is true of drinking, or using food as a comfort. If we do not get good feelings from the inside, then we attempt to create them through outside means.

God created us that way and He's the only one who can satisfy us. When we go to something other than God to make us feel good about ourselves, we're really just replacing something real with a cheap substitute.

Whatever your emotional needs are today, know that only God can meet them. He is the only lasting source of life. Go to Him today, He's the only One who can satisfy.

Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to waste my time chasing cheap substitutes. You are the only One who can satisfy. Show me how to daily find my true delight and satisfaction in You and only You.

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Her show is on in the mornings when I'm on the treadmill, so I plug in the earphones and listen as I run!
  • kkuprienko
    Options
    Keep the motivation coming :) Thanks for the post!
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this, thank you :))
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really needed this today :) God bless!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amen. I needed to hear this.
  • ShesRoyal24
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    God Is the Only Lasting Source

As human beings we are created by God to be happy and to feel good about ourselves. As a matter of fact, we must feel good about ourselves, or eventually we will develop some sort of unhealthy, uncontrolled behavior to get the good feelings we crave.

Think about it. A person who is addicted to drugs probably began using them because his pain was so intense he felt compelled to get rid of it, even if only temporarily. The same thing is true of drinking, or using food as a comfort. If we do not get good feelings from the inside, then we attempt to create them through outside means.

God created us that way and He's the only one who can satisfy us. When we go to something other than God to make us feel good about ourselves, we're really just replacing something real with a cheap substitute.

Whatever your emotional needs are today, know that only God can meet them. He is the only lasting source of life. Go to Him today, He's the only One who can satisfy.

Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to waste my time chasing cheap substitutes. You are the only One who can satisfy. Show me how to daily find my true delight and satisfaction in You and only You.

Amen!!!!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    So true! you can access Joyce Meyer reading plans on Youversion.com
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Thank you for sharing. God the what we need to hear...When we need to hear it. This is what I, Kathryn, needed hear today
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I really look forward to listening to Joyce Meyers in the morning. Taking time to focus on Scripture is a great way to start the day. I like Joyce because she phrases things in such a way that it is easy to apply to things going on in my own life.
  • St3veDurb1n
    St3veDurb1n Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I really needed that. God is good.