22 Year Old Male, finally committing to this

Options
I joined here about a month ago, but was only around for a day. I'm here to stay now, I'm committed to do this. Right now I'm just trying to set small goals for myself. I'm a former athlete, I used to be in the weight room 3 days a week intensely and spending another 2 days per week doing HIIT. For the longest time I've jumped between lifting and cardio; I've finally realized that it's more important to me to drop the fat than it is to add on muscle.

I'm planning on starting the Insanity program tomorrow. Feel free to push me and give me support. I'm sure the first two weeks will be the toughest.

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    welcome!!!! I know you'll do awesome!!! feel free to add me!!!
  • KingofdaBean
    KingofdaBean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Luck man...Let me know how that insanity works out for ya!!! Add if you like!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Seriously committing to it is THE hardest part...I've gone back and forth on workout programs and diets for years..and as a former athlete I've always been so dissapointed in myself...it's nice to have committed to it and feel confidence in improving myself for the first time ina long time though
  • knconrad
    knconrad Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finished the Insanity program yesterday!!! LOVED IT!!!...are you on the Beach Body web-site? If so, look me up (knconrad)...I follow a thread on there that is AWESOME!!! Lots of support and motivation :)
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party. :)
    :happy:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Good luck dude! I'm in the same boat, I lift 3 times a week and do something light most other days. I've lost almost 3 lbs every week or so. Gain muscle and shred the fat at the same time, then you won't have to play catch up later whn you want to add the muscle again!
  • carlachristinewhite
    carlachristinewhite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try the P90X and Insanity Hybrid and join our group to get support. I am on Week 5 and I like it better than just one or the other.

Goodluck!
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Insanity was no joke! I finish the first month of the program but didn't have enough energy and commitment in me to complete the second part...which sucks because while it is hard it's also can show how determined a person is. If u push yourself and just tell yourself the words I can't and the Insanity program do NOT mix...I'll add you!