Enough With the Excuses

chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Don't think. Just do it. The next time your mind starts doing the crazy talk, like, "Should I go to the gym," or, "Should I run that mile," just do it. Sometimes, coming up with excuses takes as much energy as just plowing through your workout.

Stand up for yourself and get healthy. (Never Say Diet 8.6.09)

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!
  • (Caution: Just venting here---!)

Amen to that! I hear excuses others all the time, and it drives me nuts! If people were more willing to just move and stop whining, they'd already be on the road to success! Point blank---the only obstacles we have are the ones that we create for ourselves. Period.

P.S. I'm petitioning Nike to change their slogan from "Just do it" to "Just shut the @#&* up and do it."
    Who's with me???!!
  • Ffer0509
    Ffer0509 Posts: 13 Member
    I would definitely put on a Nike T-Shirt with that slogan....and I have a hunch it's secretly what they meant.

:laugh:
  • Don't think. Just do it. The next time your mind starts doing the crazy talk, like, "Should I go to the gym," or, "Should I run that mile," just do it. Sometimes, coming up with excuses takes as much energy as just plowing through your workout.

Stand up for yourself and get healthy. (Never Say Diet 8.6.09)

FINE! I'M GONNA DO IT! Are yo happy now? :laugh:

Please come to my house at about 7:30 pm tonight. That's when I have the next stare down scheduled with my Gazelle Glider. :bigsmile:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    You go girl

That is what I needed to hear:drinker:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Love it!!! Great attitude :)
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Thanks Chrissy! This was exactly what I needed to hear.

I second the "Just shut the %^@! up and do it!"
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Love the Nike campaign - I am sporting that shirt when it comes out!

Everyone - the quote is from Never Say Diet Daily Motivator - if you don't get the newsletter - search it out and sign up - it has some great ones - every once in a while I laugh at them but most of the time - it's a great reminder!
This discussion has been closed.