Lose body fat group

Options
Hi all,
I'm looking to almost half my body fat. It was at 27.7% when I started here over a week ago.
Any others interested in specifically losing body fat?
I expect weight loss will be a part of it especially for people like me who are above 25% body fat, but I'm looking at the end goal of losing body fat and shaping up to have a strong flexible body.

If so can we get a group going for mutual support or if there is one already going please let me know.
Baz.

P.S. Welcome to add me as friend if interested!

Replies

• androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yep getting my body fat percentage down is my ultimate goal
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'd love some support from other people who aren't concerned about their weight and are focused on body fat percentage instead. Currently at 18.0%, goal is 15%.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm all about losing body fat! Got 50lbs of weight off, don't care about the scale anymore :smile:
  • androde
    Options
    15% is my goal as well, but have a lot more to lose than that
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well done Lyra and snugglesworth!
    15% is my goal as well, but have a lot more to lose than that

Well we're all going to be in different starting points, hopefully the end goal will be the same though :)

btw since I'm a guy 15% is at the 'fitness' level according to my google searches. Just looked at what 15% is for a woman - that's what very lean athletes are - is that a safe level for you guys? I'm fairly new to this, so just asking!

Is there a 'best' for overall level health amount of body fat to have?
  • androde
    Options
    Not sure how safe it would be for me, haven't spoken to anyone about it, I think I will when I get it down to 25% or so then see how much else I can safely lose
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    15% BF in women (especially around my age, 22) is healthy, although it isn't recommended for the general population simply because it is rather low. It's when you get closer to 10% that physiological changes start happening (no menstrual cycle, hormonal imbalance, etc.).

This is the accu-measure body fat % interpretation chart which is based off a very good scientific study.

http://www.enutrition.cl/images/Measuring charts.jpg
  • bazfitness
    Options
    15% BF in women (especially around my age, 22) is healthy, although it isn't recommended for the general population simply because it is rather low. It's when you get closer to 10% that physiological changes start happening (no menstrual cycle, hormonal imbalance, etc.).

This is the accu-measure body fat % interpretation chart which is based off a very good scientific study.

http://www.enutrition.cl/images/Measuring charts.jpg

ok cool. Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway, but good idea for people to be aware there's a lower limit of what is considered to be healthy also, not that I have to worry about that now, if ever :laugh:

I might start a formal Group for this shortly if one doesn't exist already in the Groups section.
  • androde
    Options
    I'm 31 and not planning to go lower than 15% might stop at 20% see how I feel when I reach it
  • bazfitness
    Options
    Well I've finally gotten around to starting a formal group. Hope you guys join and help make it an interesting group.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4548-reduce-body-fat-group
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    How do you find out your body fat %?
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    How do you find out your body fat %?

Ask your gym if they do body fat % or body comp testing.