veggies

Options
I am trying to incorporate new veggies into my diet I am open to all new ideas. anyone have any good veggie tips

Replies

• andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do you have a farmer's market nearby? If so, I would make a habit of going and shopping for veggies there. Fresh, local fruits and veggies are so much yummier than what you buy at the grocery store. I snack on carrots, cauliflower and broccoli dipped in hummus. I make smoothies with spinach. I make egg white scrambles with spinach and zucchini. I bake healthy, high fiber muffins with grated zucchini, carrot and/or sweet potato. And I serve a veggie or two every night at dinner - lately we've had a lot of broccoli, green beans, and asparagus. I usually steam everything to keep it healthier. Hope those ideas help!
  • lauraashley85
    lauraashley85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you have a farmer's market nearby? If so, I would make a habit of going and shopping for veggies there. Fresh, local fruits and veggies are so much yummier than what you buy at the grocery store. I snack on carrots, cauliflower and broccoli dipped in hummus. I make smoothies with spinach. I make egg white scrambles with spinach and zucchini. I bake healthy, high fiber muffins with grated zucchini, carrot and/or sweet potato. And I serve a veggie or two every night at dinner - lately we've had a lot of broccoli, green beans, and asparagus. I usually steam everything to keep it healthier. Hope those ideas help!

What do you put in your spinach smoothy? I'm sure there are lot's of recipes online but I would rather hear a good recipe firsthand!
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My favorite green smoothie recipe is as follows:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 TBS ground flax seed
    1 TBS almond butter
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    2 cups spinach

Super yummy, filling and invigorating!