English muffin suggestions

Options
annalee_1
annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
I need some suggestions on brand of english muffins that don't taste like cardboard and are light enought to eat every other day. Also any bagels out there that are good and I can eat on the other days. These things are filling to me! thanks for any suggestions. :wink:

Replies

• LaLaLaInMyHead
    Options
    I've enjoyed the Arnold Sandwich Thins and (I think it's Thomas) Bagel Thins. They're 100-110 calories, and come in whole wheat. The bagels are nice topped with laughing cow light wedges.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Try Ezekiel English muffins usually in the freezer section. They are made with sprouted wheat which makes them better on your digestive system and they are yummy. I get the raisin cinnamon ones.
  • FrecklesMo
    FrecklesMo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks!! Good one,..i'm goin to try that one!!!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try Ezekiel English muffins usually in the freezer section. They are made with sprouted wheat which makes them better on your digestive system and they are yummy. I get the raisin cinnamon ones.
    yum :) i have had the bread but not the english muffins...I will have to look for them!
  • moksumike
    moksumike Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try Sara Lee English Muffins - Wheat Made with Honey. They are 145 Calories
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I like Publix (store) brand english muffins (100% whole wheat). Most other's I have tried do taste like cardboard. I also love Thomas 100% whole wheat bagels - but I usually just have 1/2 a bagel each time.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee also makes a 90 calorie English Muffin and they are pretty good! I like to use mine with Tenessee Pride turkey sausage patty's (100 cal's for TWO) or PB2 powder or smushed up hard boiled eggs on them! :)
  • Cheryl943
    Cheryl943 Posts: 83
    Options
    I like Thomas' Whole Wheat they toast up nicely! 120 calories per.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i usually get Aunt Millie's or Meijer brand. about 100 to 110 cals. as for whether or not they taste like cardboard, they taste ok to me. others might disagree; i'm not sure.
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I prefer Trader Joe's "Classic British Muffins" - I do not think they taste like cardboard at all! The NV on the regular old white ones are 130 Calories, 1g fat, 220mg sodium, 25g carbs, 1g sugar, 5g protein, 8% iron. They come in other varieties too, but I haven't tried them.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love the FIBER ONE multi-grain 100 calorie english muffins. Only "light" brand that I don't think tastes like cardboard. Especially nice breakfast when combined with one fried egg, a slice of Jones breakfast ham (99% fat free) and a half a slice of reduced fat cabot american cheese -- one tasty egg sandwich, low fat, pretty good protein hit, and fast to make.