??? for women...kinda personal

Options
grmpy1
grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
I need some personal help. I got a cold, then sinusitis and was put on antibiotics recently and if you know anything about them, you know what they can cause. I now have a yeast infection. I had gotten off my diet and exercise and was just getting back to it when this came up. I have been to sick, tired and too worn out to do anything so I had stopped exercising for probably a month. I need to exercise and I want to get serious about this but how can I do that without sweating so bad that I go nuts from the itching?

Anyone have any suggestions? I am totally frustrated. It seems every time in the last 2 months I want to really get serious and lose more weight, something comes up to stop me. How do I exercise and keep it from flaring up?

HELP!!!

Replies

• kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would sya walking that way it is not so strenuous on you and also I think if you do not exercise but stick to the calorie counting you should be ok.
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    You need to see your doctor, he could give you an antifungal med which would take care of the yeast infection from the antibiotics.
  • jb06592
    jb06592 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    DETERMINATION!

I've learned that determination and true commitment are the keys! I set a time (6 am) to go work out with a friend who teaches me things at the gym. I do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and they say to do interval work (changing the resistance every few minutes then lowering it to rest for a minute and repeat). I also do about 30 minutes of weight training..just small 5 or 8 pound weights because i'm a woman too and I don't want huge muscles, just some definition! Look up exercises that you think you can do. Squats are good for legs, and do some crunches! Also, a fun alternative to working out is YOGA! It's so relaxing. And possibly, the more you work out the healthier you will be and won't get sick as often! :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    poor you, I feel for you. Have you looked at the candida diet? It was the only way I could budge this, took 18 months though. Messege me if you want more info without the world knowing about it!! :smile:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yeast grows in acid.. try bathing with baking soda in the water. And add yogurt to your diet. My daughter is prone to yeast d/t her acidosis, and these are the maintenance things I do to keep her in balance.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You need to see your doctor, he could give you an antifungal med which would take care of the yeast infection from the antibiotics.

Totally agree with this

You were prescribed a drug for a condition - get another drug prescribed for the side effect -- no buts
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd say get some probiotics, always try to take some after an antibiotic to restore natural order in my system and they also boost the immunity. There are some in some yoghurts, but easiest is to take some in tablet form. I get udo's choice ones.

The candida diet should also help, and an anti fungal treatment might be useful too.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Go to the doc, but for immediate relief freeze natural yoghurt into little sticks and then ...ummm....pop one in there. The cold lasts a second and then it is incredibly soothing.

I have had to give up bubble bath and shower gel because of this problem, I have tried almost every cure and while nothing but doctors meds gets rid of it, the frozen natural live yoghurt helps immensely.

I hate being a woman sometimes.
  • vicki26101
    vicki26101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    there is a nistatin powder that would help with both issues. If you discuss with your doctor your problem, I am sure that he would help you find a solution. But, I have used the powder before myself. I am not sure if it would work well in that area but, worth talking to the dr about. Good luck. I am sure you can get your motivation right back. Not sure if it would be a bad thing or not, but what about water aerobics or swimming? I am only throwing ideas out. :smile:
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I don't get antibiotics any more without a yeast infection med chaser. :laugh: Happens every single time I am forced to take antibiotics (which isn't often, but once in a blue moon is too often for a Beast Infection - my not-so-affectionate name for them!). So I'm another one for SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN! :flowerforyou:
  • _jessers
    _jessers Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree, you should go get a prescription to treat the infection, or go buy the 1-day Monistat at the grocery store.

As far as working out, I suggest you use baby powder down there, it'll soak up some of the excess moisture (in fact, do this throughout the day and it'll help ease it up a bit), do light cardio, yoga, stretching, mild weight lifting until the infection eases up.
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    First, I would talk to your doctor to get this problem taken care of now. Then I would use the probiotics (either tablet or yogurt form) to keep things in balance for the future.

I would definitely suggest walking. It will allow you to get the exercise you want without being too irritating to your private areas. I have arthritis in both knees and can't run anymore. So I simply walk at a moderate to brisk pace (depending on how I feel that day) and burn quite a few calories. A good moderate pace is about 3 mph on a treadmill or about a 20 minute mile. This should get you back into exercising and kick start things.

Hoping you feel better soon! I know how miserable those infections are.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

This, it's an easy fix to get rid of really. Than you can be back at it =]
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am one of those rare women that do not get them....maybe have had 1 or 2 in my whole life (I get bladder infections) But, I heard that yogurt is good for this. Not sure if this is true.

Also, something else to consider...you may not be having yeast infections, could be that your PH is off down there. I had that happen (thought it was yeast) OB gave me a cream that balanced out the PH. I was switching different birth control and i think that it threw everything out of whack. But, that is a thought...make sure your PH is good down there.
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Go to the doc, but for immediate relief freeze natural yoghurt into little sticks and then ...ummm....pop one in there. The cold lasts a second and then it is incredibly soothing.

This- get a tampon, take out the tampon so you have the applicator. Buy plain yogurt fill applicator and freeze. Insert.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Totally agree with this

You were prescribed a drug for a condition - get another drug prescribed for the side effect -- no buts

Get an antifungal from your doctor, start taking probiotics, and do the candida diet until a week after it's cleared up. (Plus, it really helps with weight loss!) I actually wasn't too strict on the candida diet (I'll get YI's after a round of antibiotics), and just cut out all breads, starches, and sugars. A typical day for me was eggs for breakfast, some cheese and meat for lunch, veggies and fish/chicken for dinner, and then popcorn for snacks. I think I lost 10 pounds in ONE week because my body was so shocked from the lack of sugars and bread. Be careful though, your body will go through a detoxing "die off" of the yeast and you'll feel REALLY crappy for a few days. That just means everything is working though.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I know the feeling :(
    I assume you're using Monistat right now? If so, take a bit of the "side effect" cream and use that in the irritated areas. Or use Vagisil.
    Also, eat a lot of plain yogurt and/or take a probiotic, because you need to replenish the flora in your tract.
    To prevent them and help speed your healing, there's a probiotic called FemDophilis that is specifically targeted towards preventing UTIs and yeast infections--I highly recommend it!

In my opinion if you are having CRAZY itching and it's just too uncomfortable to bear, just take a day off.
    But I would definitely TRY to exercise and see how you react. Who knows, the activity could distract you from the itch!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I have had to give up bubble bath and shower gel because of this problem, I have tried almost every cure and while nothing but doctors meds gets rid of it,
    I hate being a woman sometimes.

COTTON UNDIES. i used to get these and UTI's when i was little(and on antibiotitics for repetitive ear infections) I had t stop taking baths and take showers instead, OTC yeast infection meds (vagisil etc) work but I'd go to the dr and get a scrip (last one i had, I had to take ONE pill poof it was gone)
  • Rollie277
    Rollie277 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and I totally agree with bhalter's post. I get candida a lot from antibiotics, in my intestinal track, vaginally, I even get it on skin in my armpits in the summer, but that hasn't happened since I lost weight. I usually get a prescription for Diflucan (1 to 3 days worth) of oral pills and that will kill it off body wide, and then monostate (USE THE SEVEN DAY COURSE, not the three or one day, those won't keep it away) for the GYN yeast.

But the most important things is to stay away from the sugar in your diet, because it just feeds the yeast. Eat an atkin's style/paleolithic diet for about a week while you take the diflucan and the monostat and you'll feel better in a day or so.