Eating the calories you lost exercising

Options
2»

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat those calories. for me no way would that help me lose weight, i think its a silly idea.

if your hungry and you haven't eaten much throughout the day then eat some more. don't even worry if its 200 calories or 400.
    just eat until you feel satisfied, you should know your body!

Eating those calories has helped me sustain my exercise while losing 42 lbs, and it's kept me from gnawing my own arm off in hunger.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Also, exercise calories taste so much better than regular calories.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Everything tastes better when you've worked your butt off for it.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more :)
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Eating those calories has helped me sustain my exercise while losing 42 lbs, and it's kept me from gnawing my own arm off in hunger.
    [/quote]

Eating those calories back has kept me from gnawing your arm off as well...I am a stone cold b&^ch if I don't get those calories back...If you don't eat them back and you end up under 1200 for the day (i.e. eat 1200 cal but burn 500 working out you net 700) your body will basically go into "starvation mode" and start burning muscle as well as fat...
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump...Good stuff
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This week I'm trying to earn a big piece of cake for Sunday. That's in addition to the calories I'd like to have today. I seriously can't imagine getting by on 1250 calories. I need more.... stuff.... in my mouth to feel happy. So, I try to earn another 500-750 calories a day. Some I eat, and some I "bank" until CAKE DAY.

(And, when I get that cake, it had better be good. If I get a dry, disappointing slice of cake, I am going to send it straight back! :laugh: )
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you don't have to eat those calories. for me no way would that help me lose weight, i think its a silly idea.

if your hungry and you haven't eaten much throughout the day then eat some more. don't even worry if its 200 calories or 400.

And approaches like your is what leaves people with a high percentage of body fat, little muscle, a slow metabolism and always wanted to lose more weight because they can't get rid of those bad areas. But if you eat properly and lift heavy weights you will get the results below. And I did this with a 36 year old women who is eating 1800-2000 calories a day.

"I just wanted to thank you for your help. You helped me a few months back and I just wanted to give you an update on my progress. 12 weeks ago I started at 154 and 28% bf. I got my bf remeasured last Friday and it was 24%. But I only lost 1 pound. It is crazy to me but I have learned to ignore the scale. You were right that keeping consistent and not giving up my body would finally adjust.

Thanks again for your help!

Stephanie"
  • ting1789
    ting1789 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Bodies are notorious for being dirty stinking liars when it comes to food.
  • TracyTucci
    Options
    bump
  • Brittany39down
    Options

Where's the "LIKE" buttonon this thing!! So true!