too much sugar

Options
I need some ideas for healthy quick breakfast ideas. I tend to go for cereal but most has too much sugar. I am always over the sugar I am suppose to have.

Replies

• VTMudRunner
    VTMudRunner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before my workout in the morning I eat a double fiber Thomas english muffin with either peanut butter or almond butter. 1Tbls. can cover both sides. It seems to stay with me for quite a while.
  • megroxie
    megroxie Posts: 1
    Options
    Scramble some eggs and veggies, no carbs, high protein and leaves you full. Oatmeal with some blueberries is good too, if you still need carbs.
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese with berries, fat free plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey, berries and a sprinkle of granola, make a quinoa and bulgar salad (cold) with pineapple tidbits, toasted coconut, walnuts and a drizzle of orange juice and/or maple syrup.:tongue:
  • retrobelle24
    retrobelle24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please note that the sugar intake number for MFP tends to be really too low. I can eat only fruits, veggies, and protein and still be over my sugar limit, esp when eating fruit and healthy greek yogurt.

Try to find cereals with low suagrs like 5-7g of sugar and 2+g of protein
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I prefer an apples and whatnot. Some fruits, like bananas, aren't as high on the satiety scale and may leave you hungry again before lunch.

I like this article on it: http://lifehacker.com/5895525/are-bananas-as-bad-for-you-as-cookies-which-foods-to-eat-to-keep-you-full-and-not-crash-later

I keep up with oatmeal and/or fruit with water. Eggs and some vegetables decent for breakfast are good too.